Author Topic: Funnels and fluid management products  (Read 3038 times)

Offline bonneyman

Funnels and fluid management products
« on: June 08, 2022, 06:28:31 PM »
Was watching this guy Rainman Ray on you tube do a tranny service, and he pulls out this really neat handled funnel with flexible hose. Looks great for buried fill tubes. I went searching to see if I could find it and came across this site for fluid management. As always I post up links for stuff I'd like to get. Might have to find a couple of these funnels.   :great:

https://www.hopkinsmfg.com/catalog/catalog_flotool.pdf

Offline mdlbldrmatt135

Re: Funnels and fluid management products
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 06:00:53 AM »
It has it uses for sure. Just like those "Flexible funnels"

Offline john k

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 07:48:27 AM »
When at an auction I try to grab the odd funnel if it comes around.  Have one, is galvanized, the top was made to push in a quart oil can, with a sharp can pierce inside.  The spout is 10 inches long, flexible steel, great for the newer stuff where the oil fill is down low.    Can dump in a full quart oil bottle,  it wont run over.   Have a small galvanized funnel,  is made with a fine brass screen in the bottom, great for reusing oil.  I also make a point to get tin or galvanized buckets, will last indefinitely, not crack like the plastic ones.   When blacksmithing or welding, a hot piece can be dropped in a tin bucket,  not so with a plastic one.   When doing a blacksmith demo,  friend cooled a piece in his bucket,  then dropped it in.   Was still hot enough to melt through the bottom, water running all over.  I also came up with a big galvanized funnel, 15 inches across.   It has two sets of fingers made at the base of the funnel part, above the spout.   Made to lock into the fill hole of a farm tractor, when filling from a gas can.  Just dont leave it in the tank, like a neighbors hired man did.  Done for the day he added the 2 five gallon cans of diesel in the truck bed.  Then it rained 2 inches that night.  Not a happy boss man.

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 12:51:38 PM »
I got tired of all the funnels and questionable cheap fluid transfer systems and went with a series of modified pump sprayers from Tractor Supply. I have a pump sprayer for gear oil, transmission fluid, differential fluid, and washer fluid. I made the sprayer fluid heads out of odd fittings and copper tubing left over in the parts bins. I still have to build a rack for the sprayers, but they do save a lot of time and aggravation. Pump them up by hand and let air pressure do the work.

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 01:00:44 PM »
I just like saying Fluid Management, and in fact....mentioned that in over 5 calls today. Everyone from bill collectors, to spam callers, to my mom and even the wifee. All were star struck that I could string those syllables together and make it sound like it was part of an everyday conversation.

Thank you for helping me improve my self esteem!  ;)

Offline wantedabiggergarage

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 03:24:54 PM »
I just like saying Fluid Management, and in fact....mentioned that in over 5 calls today. Everyone from bill collectors, to spam callers, to my mom and even the wifee. All were star struck that I could string those syllables together and make it sound like it was part of an everyday conversation.

Thank you for helping me improve my self esteem!  ;)

Even when you talked to the sperm bank?