Author Topic: Anyone being affected by the shutdown?  (Read 47707 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Re: Anyone being affected by the shutdown?
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2019, 09:56:59 PM »
love this NYT story just breaking that the FBI has been investigating Trump to see if he's been working for the Russians.
wonder what shiny object he'll be tossing out tomorrow morning on Twitter to try to distract attention away from that one?

We all know that the NYT is THE place for factual accurate news. :))

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2019, 08:46:52 AM »
love this NYT story just breaking that the FBI has been investigating Trump to see if he's been working for the Russians.
wonder what shiny object he'll be tossing out tomorrow morning on Twitter to try to distract attention away from that one?

It's pretty obvious what propaganda you fall for.
boop/bop/beep

Offline Heiny57

MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2019, 12:36:41 PM »

Offline slip knot

« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2019, 02:23:15 PM »
AOC

:)) :)) :)) :))

AOC for POTUS. I don't know whether to laugh or scream! :D :-\

I can see that happening. AOC and Beto are the stars of the young democrats.

Beto sure screwed the Castro Brothers. They've  been playing the politics game for several years and Beto blindsides them in the popularity game. ;D

Offline walrus

« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2019, 06:45:36 AM »
^ well.... that's all fine and well, but it isn't going to change anything.

Trump gets nothing from Congress for two years. doesn't matter what it is, the answer is going to be a resounding NO. 
there is no way they're going to buckle under on this deal, because Trump would believe he can pull this bullshit any time and get what he wants.

enjoy!

So you truly believe Trump is pulling bullshit rather than trying to improve our national security?

No I think he means that the Dems don't give a rip about anything but their agenda and saving face. Trump could cure cancer and give every American $1000 and they'd still hate him. They won't give him a win, even if it means destroying the country.
Was that any different when Obama was president?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 05:33:13 PM by Uncle Buck »

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2019, 10:15:30 AM »
I've tried really hard to comprehend why there's so many people who want what will destroy the country. All I can come up with are spiritual reasons. And nobody really wants to talk about those, so I work toward helping those I can while I can. That's what I think everybody should do. Do what you can where you're at with what you've got.

And I think President Trump is also doing that. Perfectly? No. Everything I want or as I think they should be? No. But he's made some good moves in several key areas, and I hope he keeps it up.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2019, 04:58:28 PM »
I cant disagree that the Dems are pulling the same thing The GOP did with Obammy. That's the problem, partisan politics over all else. forget whats good for the people its now whats good for the party. I didn't like it then and don't like it now.

• Ran when parked
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2019, 05:19:41 PM »
I cant disagree that the Dems are pulling the same thing The GOP did with Obammy. That's the problem, partisan politics over all else. forget whats good for the people its now whats good for the party. I didn't like it then and don't like it now.

Yes and no.  The country didn't want Obamacare, numerous polls proved it at the time, but the democrats pushed it through anyway and the media hailed it as the best thing ever. 

When the country is clamoring for legislation the democrats are pushing in the House, and the Senate and Trump are absolutely refusing it, then that argument will have some merit.
boop/bop/beep

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2019, 05:29:00 PM »

Trump gets nothing from Congress for two years. doesn't matter what it is, the answer is going to be a resounding NO. 
there is no way they're going to buckle under on this deal, because Trump would believe he can pull this bullshit any time and get what he wants.

enjoy!

So you truly believe Trump is pulling bullshit rather than trying to improve our national security?

No I think he means that the Dems don't give a rip about anything but their agenda and saving face. Trump could cure cancer and give every American $1000 and they'd still hate him. They won't give him a win, even if it means destroying the country.

Obama was anti American and worked daily to tear this country down brick by brick. Worst POTUS ever.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2019, 05:31:05 PM »

enjoy!

Obama was anti American and worked daily to tear this country down brick by brick. Worst POTUS ever.
UB
why are you editing my post? Get your own post to edit  ;D

Sorry, that happened by accident. I mistakenly slipped my post in before the end of your message, like I said, totally by accident. I fixed that.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2019, 07:11:47 PM »
I see that the shutdown isn't affecting the Congressional Hispanic Caucus to severely. 30 something of them traveled by a charter 737 along with over 100 lobbyists to Puerto Rico for the weekend. They attended the Hamilton play and are lounging on the beach.

• Ran when parked
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2019, 11:39:24 PM »
I see that the shutdown isn't affecting the Congressional Hispanic Caucus to severely. 30 something of them traveled by a charter 737 along with over 100 lobbyists to Puerto Rico for the weekend. They attended the Hamilton play and are lounging on the beach.

Can President Trump sign an executive order to keep them there?!  :))
boop/bop/beep

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2019, 08:07:02 AM »
I agree with those who said partisan politics is destroying the country.  You know the Democrats used to have a conservative wing.  Certainly not anymore.

The Repubs have the far right but there are enough Rinos to keep them closer to the center IMO.   

Time for a 3rd party that isn't wacko but close to the center

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2019, 08:48:54 AM »

Can President Trump sign an executive order to keep them there?!  :))

Sure, but a liberal court judge will put a stay on it the very next day!  Seems like Trump can't do or try anything without a liberal judge stopping it.