Author Topic: The GNAP Get A New Henry Pump Action 22LR  (Read 15104 times)

Offline GNAP

The GNAP Get A New Henry Pump Action 22LR
« on: November 18, 2018, 03:42:29 PM »
At 9:45 this morning, I called Norm (local friend and co-conspirator) and made plans to go to the Gander Outdoors/Runnings/Bass Pro Shop, in an endeavor to acquire a Henry Arms 22LR plump action rifle for the GNAP’s collection. At 10:30 am, I picked Norm up and the trek began.

First we ventured to the Gander Outdoors (former Gander Mt), they had multiple lever action Henrys, but no pump actions, so the trip of 10 or so miles to the local Runnings store, began.

At Runnings, they had 2 of the Henry pump actions, a 22 magnum and a 22LR, a quick look see and a price that was about $50 cheaper than Grander Outdoors, it was a quick decision, I said box it up. I filled out the required paperwork and DAMN!!, the GNAP slide under the radar and was approved.

While I was there, I picked up a box of 1600, of the Federal 22LR ammo, as we are in NYS, and Tsar Andy, says no out of state ammo deliveries, I did not get the killer deal, like in the other thread, but I felt that $.05 per shot was not excessive.

So this brings the GNAP’s 22LR collection to 4, a Rutgers bolt action, a Ruger 10/22, a Remington 510 Targetmaster (single shot) and the new Henry pump action.
jack

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: The GNAP Get A New Henry Pump Action 22LR
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 03:46:24 PM »
Congrats on the purchase -- 22LR rifles are the most versatile of all firearms as far as I'm concerned.

Offline lauver

• Proto Bet'R Grip Whore
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 04:08:52 PM »

Congrats on the purchase -- 22LR rifles are the most versatile of all firearms as far as I'm concerned.

+1 and the most fun and cost efficient.

Good score.
When my wife leaves me, my dog dies, and they repossess my home, I'll still have my tools.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 04:26:45 PM »
If the build quality is anything like the lever actions that should be a sweet little rifle.

Offline ken w.

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 04:32:17 PM »
If I had to keep but one firearm it would be a 22 cal rifle. One of my sidelines is animal control and if regulations would let me I would use it on deer too. Quiet , accurate and deadly.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 05:15:38 PM »
Great choice Jack! I always favor pump and lever guns myself and have several in the rack. I also agree on your brand choice and wish the situation was such that I could add a Henry to my collection.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline ken w.

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 05:25:04 PM »
Which Runnings had the pumps ?

Offline muddy

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 07:19:35 PM »
Very nice buy, Henry's are great rifles!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 07:27:42 PM »

+1 and the most fun and cost efficient.

Good score.

i agree, it should be the first caliber anyone should own and  a skilled owner can do more with it than most any other.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline Rewind

• Howdy Folks!
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 08:38:39 AM »
Sweet add to the collection!!!!
Hanging in, Hanging on, Hanging out!

Offline mrchuck

• 10-49
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 11:43:27 AM »
Good for you!
I prefer the  Ruger because I like their rotary magazine. I have some that are "back to back" attached!
yes sir, no sir, no excuse sir

Offline Elroy

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2018, 05:18:06 PM »
The Elroy is hooked on rim fires. Three years ago I saw Elroy select a Henry lever with the "brass lite" receiver. The octagon barrel is nice as is the lumber. As with all Henry's the action is butter smooth when cycling 22 long rifle cartridges. 22 short is different story. They simply don't feed worth a dam. When it comes to pumps. Elroy has his 1937 vintage Winchester model 62 gallery that's chambered in 22 short only. I can assure you the Winchester is three times better than that Henry . it's hard to beat a prewar Winchester

Offline slip knot

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2018, 07:16:56 PM »
And hard to find a pre-war Winchester too. ;D

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2018, 07:49:09 PM »
The Elroy is hooked on rim fires. Three years ago I saw Elroy select a Henry lever with the "brass lite" receiver. The octagon barrel is nice as is the lumber. As with all Henry's the action is butter smooth when cycling 22 long rifle cartridges. 22 short is different story. They simply don't feed worth a dam. When it comes to pumps. Elroy has his 1937 vintage Winchester model 62 gallery that's chambered in 22 short only. I can assure you the Winchester is three times better than that Henry . it's hard to beat a prewar Winchester

I have a model 62 Winchester pump 22 too! Another of pops guns I do not know the year it was made. Pop bought it in the 1960's though. His came with the addition of a Lyman peep sight added by a gunsmith, short, long & long rifle, a very sweet piece, my favorite 22.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline bmwrd0

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2018, 11:21:39 PM »
There is one in my safe also. It's my sons, but he lives on the other side of the country, so it is up to me to make sure it isn't neglected...

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2018, 10:15:29 AM »
The wife has a Ruger 10/22 and we have a Marlin that my folks carried in their motorhome. I also have an AR-7 in .22LR that I used to carry along on x-country ferry flights as long as I was delivering and picking up planes both ways. The gun isn't real accurate but easy to carry as it breaks down and parts go in the stock.