Author Topic: 64 Fairlane wagon  (Read 4209 times)

Offline Fordguy1964

64 Fairlane wagon
« on: January 20, 2021, 03:12:12 PM »
So I am new to this site. I wanted to share my Fairlane wagon that I am building and maybe do a build thread but I can't seem to figure out how to post pictures. I can't upload any... Is there some trick that I am missing? It seems that the pictures have to be TINY in order to share them. Is there no site "test bed" where I can test posting things and get help on what I am doing wrong?  :41:

Offline Fordguy1964

Re: 64 Fairlane wagon
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 03:21:22 PM »
So for information, I have restored many cars. My latest is a 64 Fairlane Sports Coupe. I tore that one all the way down and brought it back. I am doing the same to this wagon. My wagon is VERY solid. Interesting story about it. I am the FIRST titled owner of this car. It was originally ordered by a dealer in Columbus N.D. to be in their showroom. They ordered this wagon, a 64 4 door Galaxie, and an Econoline style pickup all in Prairie Bronze to sit side by side in the showroom. Twards the end of the year the Galaxie and the Econoline both sold but the wagon didn't. So the dealer decided to go ahead and keep it for his family vehicle. He drove it on dealer tags and the MSO until he parked it in an airplane hanger owned by the family in 1978. Fast forward to 2020 and the dealer passed away and his son got possession of the car. He is a lawyer living in Washington and had no interest in messing with this old car so he sold it to me CHEAP! The only real thing wrong is that the lower front fender bottoms have been eaten through with rust. Otherwise it is in good shape. There are a few dents but nothing that can't be fixed.

Offline Fordguy1964

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 03:25:26 PM »
When I drug it home to Ohio on a trailer I never guessed this but the engine was not locked up after sitting for all of those years. I filled the fuel bowl with fresh gas put a fuel line into a gas can and twisted the key. She fired right up. It didn't sound bad at all. The only thing really wrong as far as that goes is that the water pump shaft seal has gone out. Otherwise once I flushed the tank I could have driven it to work. I did drive it to the end of my street and back on the gas can... about 1 mile total. The trans shifted good and the engine had no problems. Not bad for sitting for 42 years.

Offline Fordguy1964

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 03:31:37 PM »
Let's see if this works... This is the video of the first start after 42 years.

Offline Fordguy1964

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 03:33:14 PM »
Well, posting the link to the video worked... Now if I could just figure out how to upload pictures here...

Offline Fordguy1964

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 03:38:58 PM »
Here is the video of the engine I built for my 64 Sports Coupe on the dyno. I made 303HP by the end of the day all using factory Ford cast iron parts and an Autolite carb. Took me all day of dyno work to make it happen though.

Offline Fordguy1964

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2021, 03:41:22 PM »
The engine for the wagon will be a little different. I am going with a 5.0 out of an Explorer with a carb style EFI setup. I will be using the 4R70W trans and the 8.8 Explorer rear.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2021, 04:18:13 PM »
My 1st wife had a red Falcon wagon that just kept running and running with a good 289.

To post pictures it is easy. First take your picture and download to your computer and resize it with whatever software you have. 800 x 600 or even 1000 x 800 if you are trying to show detail. Then save it in a file and I use a specific file titled GG1, 2, 3, or 4 that I save on my desktop. If you look below the reply box you will see Attachments and other options and click on that which will open a box below that and it says choose file. Click on that and then locate the file and double click it and it will go in the window. You can add 4 photos per post. Cell phones tend to take big MB photos so they tend to be reduced to a smaller size. If I make a post with attached photos in the sizes I mentioned they actually post smaller and if you click on the photo it will enlarge.
Here is a sample that is 600 x 800 due to it being portrait instead of landscape orientation:

« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 04:20:51 PM by DeadNutz »

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2021, 06:18:49 PM »
There's lots of ways to make pics smaller.  One workaround I do is modify an older post on Channel 3, upload the pic I want, save the uploaded pic, then delete it from my post over there, come over here and upload it.  It's small enough then where it works for me.
boop/bop/beep

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2021, 06:36:30 PM »
Nice ... bloody fords just troopers.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline walrus

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2021, 05:17:22 PM »
Hope to see some pics of this car, cool build

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2021, 08:19:13 PM »
I think you have to have a minimum number of post before you can post pics.
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline nonhog

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2021, 09:39:25 PM »
Cool car, another video if the pics don't work out.