Author Topic: Penncraft box/Fleet tools  (Read 3216 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Penncraft box/Fleet tools
« on: August 11, 2019, 03:34:51 PM »
Friday at lunch at the airport one of our EAA members brought in more tools to donate. As usual I jumped right in to take a look and snag the good stuff. Mostly import junk but I found a few keepers.
A Penncraft hip roof box that looks a little grungy but the sheet metal is straight. It has a tray that I don't know if it is original but fits it fine.
A Stihl file handle, Fleet 1/2dr breaker bar that has seen a cheater bar but the head is tight, 6-1/2dr Fleet sockets 1/2 to 1", Thorsen 1-1/8 Taiwan socket in great shape, small 4" long 7/16 ratchet wrench and an unusual 5" ratchet wrench that has square drive 3/16 and 1/4 on one end and 1/2 and 9/16 hex on the other end. I grabbed these for a $10 donation.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
Re: Penncraft box/Fleet tools
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 12:37:10 AM »
Nice finds!  I like Fleet stuff.  Never seen one of their breaker bars in the wild.
boop/bop/beep

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 03:10:18 PM »
I have that box, will check to see if the tray is the same.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 04:50:06 PM »
Thanks coolmercury. It looks like a Craftsman tray to me.

Offline muddy

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 08:26:52 PM »
Very nice don't let Phil near that box, he uses them for wheel chalks

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 02:48:24 PM »
Here is my box with Powa-Kraft tools, same box as yours just different name.  My tray is different from yours, note the curved ends of the handle.  I believe mine to be original, as I bought the box and contents from a guy who said he bought it at Monkey Wards.  Also, I would agree that the handle attachment on your tray is similar to Craftsman.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2019, 04:10:38 PM »
Thanks Charles as that confirms the tray. Now the box gets in the long queue for projects to get done. I'll see if I can figure out the proper color and texture.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2019, 04:56:30 PM »
The handle on the tray is the same attachment as the one in my '74 Waterloo / Dayton electric top box, overall the grey is very similar except my tray also has a place for some 1/4" sockets.
Always lookin' to learn