Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 683701 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2520 on: May 11, 2022, 09:00:52 AM »
mowed the lawn tonight. first time of the year. supposed to rain tomorrow. 4 inches in the last 10 days.i would love to hit the field but it aint happening any time soon. last year i finished wheat on the 7th of april......... yup april.

Farmers here haven't started planting yet, been too cold and often wet.  Look for that to change this week.  One told me yesterday he is normally done planting by now. He wasn't too concerned as of now

Yes, it's been quite cold down here in central Virginia. Had frost just the other night. Farmers are starting to plant here as well, and that's pretty late compared to other years. Hoping for a warm spring, and get this miserable cold weather behind us.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2521 on: May 28, 2022, 08:51:42 PM »
Rode over to Houston this morning to take in the NRA annual meeting. Mainly interested in putting hands on a few new EDC possibles. Time to up my game a bit. I was there 5+ hours and didn't see everything. Did get a chance to handle the Wilson Combat compact 1911 and really liked it. Also had a few others that struck my fancy. Devil dog firearms had an all steel that was smooth. A bit heavy but felt really slick. Decisions, Decisions.

Offline john k

« Reply #2522 on: May 29, 2022, 09:07:07 AM »
Drug out my old John Deere tractor mower, patching it up to mow the road ditches.   Went to a neighbors to look over one he left in the woods.  More to keep busy with, too easy sit inside with the retired thing, need projects to keep active every day, as if keeping 3 acres mowed around the buildings doesnt do that.  Did some weed cutting for a new neighbor, used the 1944 M Farmall and a stalk shredder.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 09:19:41 AM by john k »

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2523 on: May 29, 2022, 09:12:18 AM »
Went 6 days straight and hammers my wheat in. Finished last night about 1030. About  a month later than usual. Will not plant any corn this year. Just too late for my operation and conditions.

About .3 of rain last night so taking a day of rest before regrouping for soybeans.  We have about 2 weeks to get them in.  Not the kind of spring I was hoping for.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline muddy

« Reply #2524 on: May 29, 2022, 09:53:00 PM »
Went 6 days straight and hammers my wheat in. Finished last night about 1030. About  a month later than usual. Will not plant any corn this year. Just too late for my operation and conditions.

About .3 of rain last night so taking a day of rest before regrouping for soybeans.  We have about 2 weeks to get them in.  Not the kind of spring I was hoping for.
Not planting corn? I assume you'll plant all beams instead? Obviously not going to let the fields sit empty.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2525 on: May 30, 2022, 07:46:25 AM »
I will try and plant soybeans on my corn acres (if it gets dry enought to put them in)2  but prevent plant  may be my best option.

The last thing I want is to plant corn now and end up with wet, immature, low test weight corn  and a november harvest.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #2526 on: May 30, 2022, 02:11:05 PM »
Changed the oil on the front end loader. I almost heard it say......

Thank

You

Offline muddy

« Reply #2527 on: May 31, 2022, 10:19:38 PM »
This weekend we did some yard work. Just trying to improve the outside slowly.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #2528 on: May 31, 2022, 11:59:16 PM »
 :cool2:
Gotta love a brick house.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2529 on: June 01, 2022, 07:45:43 AM »
Lookin' good Tim, and those kids are growing like weeds.

A nicely kept yard can make all the difference in your attitude when you get home from work. It's uplifting and worth the effort.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2530 on: June 01, 2022, 08:49:52 AM »
Looking good Tim,

Offline muddy

« Reply #2531 on: June 01, 2022, 08:25:42 PM »
:cool2:
Gotta love a brick house.
Yep, in the winter it really holds the sun's heat very well, and summer seems to hold out the heat. If it had one more room and some more land I'm sure it'd be our "forever" home. But looking in the future, the two kids aren't going want to have the same room later on. And I'll need more out door storage. Luckily I have enough borrowed/red red outdoor storage for my tractors and trailer.
Lookin' good Tim, and those kids are growing like weeds.

A nicely kept yard can make all the difference in your attitude when you get home from work. It's uplifting and worth the effort.
Every time I mow the lawn I look and see all the stuff that needs done and it just erks me. So little by little I'm getting things done. Neither Mandy or I are big into gardening or landscaping. Which is odd coming from farm backgrounds lol

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2532 on: June 02, 2022, 08:10:18 AM »
Tim, take it a step at a time and your lawn is down the list as far as important things you need to do, like being a parent and earning a living

You and Mandy seem to be doing a great job raising your family. 

Oh, and with any house, and especially and older house always need something.  And if you live there long enough, you get to do some things again. 

Offline muddy

« Reply #2533 on: June 05, 2022, 08:21:57 PM »
Come he today from a 4 day bike trip in WV. Over 1500 miles on with great scenery, friends and riding.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2534 on: June 05, 2022, 08:33:43 PM »
Come he today from a 4 day bike trip in WV. Over 1500 miles on with great scenery, friends and riding.

Over in Thurmond WV Tim? Love WV -- and the roads.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 08:37:01 PM by goodfellow »