TOOLS AND THE SHOP > PROJECTS, ALL EXCEPT VEHICLES

Model Train layout

<< < (3/17) > >>

pep:
 Good choice that is the same track plan I used for a layout. 2 track main line is perfect, it also started on a 4 x 8. After some fun, opened one end of the loop. Added another sheet, became and L, some curves doubled the main line. That is going to be fun, you will be very glad having 2 main lines.

pep

--- Quote from: muddy on February 23, 2020, 09:29:25 PM ---Mocked up track tonight. May have to rethink my layout as it's a bit tighter then was initially thinking. Right now it's the basic n-6 from the Atlas plan book.

Need to pick up a few more switches to fill in the inside and add a few custom lines yet.

[url=https://postimages.org/]
Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

--- End quote ---

DeadNutz:
That plan will work as long as you run shorter cars and trains. What era are you planning and running diesel or steam?

muddy:

--- Quote from: DeadNutz on February 24, 2020, 08:32:06 AM ---That plan will work as long as you run shorter cars and trains. What era are you planning and running diesel or steam?

--- End quote ---
Yes lol. I'm running transition period. One steam loco and a diesel switcher....for now

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

goodfellow:
I was never a wood worker, nor do i have any skills in that craft, but one of my lifelong dreams was to make an N scale coffee table layout with a glass top and two line operation. I saw such a layout at a train show in Germany once and fell in love with the idea. When we get resettled into a new home i will try my hand at it. I already have two N scale train packs in storage. I bought two complete KATO trains sets many years ago for for $10ea when KB Toys went out of business.

So the dream of that coffee table has been a long time coming. The train sets are in their original shrink wrapped packages, but are decades old.

DeadNutz:

--- Quote from: goodfellow on February 24, 2020, 09:37:32 AM ---I was never a wood worker, nor do i have any skills in that craft, but one of my lifelong dreams was to make an N scale coffee table layout with a glass top and two line operation. I saw such a layout at a train show in Germany once and fell in love with the idea. When we get resettled into a new home i will try my hand at it. I already have two N scale train packs in storage. I bought two complete KATO trains sets many years ago for for $10ea when KB Toys went out of business.

So the dream of that coffee table has been a long time coming. The train sets are in their original shrink wrapped packages, but are decades old.

--- End quote ---

That was quite a score on the Kato sets as those aren't cheap. I had a 4x8' layout in N scale and used HO under the Christmas tree but no layout now. Still have all the train stuff packed in boxes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version