Author Topic: Michigan Travel Ban  (Read 6994 times)

Offline fatfillup

Re: Michigan Travel Ban
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2020, 01:13:30 PM »
On my way home yesterday from the transfer station I saw some people set up with petitions wanting to recall our governor. I didn't stop as there was too many people standing there.

Wonder what they hope to accomplish with a recall.  I'm sure that would not be a fast process and if its about the handling of the virus, that will hopefully be over by the time a recall could be considered

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2020, 02:19:47 PM »
If it's anything like the one we had in the fall here in Oregon, it's mostly symbolic. Just a reminder there's another viewpoint that exists outside the citidiots little bubble.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2020, 02:24:03 PM »
On my way home yesterday from the transfer station I saw some people set up with petitions wanting to recall our governor. I didn't stop as there was too many people standing there.

Wonder what they hope to accomplish with a recall.  I'm sure that would not be a fast process and if its about the handling of the virus, that will hopefully be over by the time a recall could be considered

Sending a message.  Don't tread on me!   :93:
boop/bop/beep

Offline RustFarmer

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2020, 05:58:55 AM »
Michigan United Conservation Clubs will also file a lawsuit.

https://mucc.org/mucc-to-file-lawsuit-in-response-to-motorboat-prohibition/

"Michigan anglers and recreational boaters are entitled to clear and unambiguous rules, and they should not be subject to criminal penalties based on arbitrary interpretations of a unilateral order in an FAQ."

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2020, 07:47:31 AM »
One could say the some of the decisions to shut certain activities down are knee jerk reactions in a time of crisis.  I think if any of us was in positions of power, we would make some mistakes also.  Hopefully, these could be resolved long before things go to court if common sense prevailed and folks didn't dig their heals in to stand by their decisions.

Fat chance that is going to happen :91: :41:

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2020, 08:33:14 AM »
Banning the use of boats with motors is just to save the planet. The kook governor just has to implement the ban on those nasty polluting outboards and marine engines. She must of consulted with AOC on that one. :021:

Offline RustFarmer

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2020, 10:06:00 AM »
One could say the some of the decisions to shut certain activities down are knee jerk reactions in a time of crisis.  I think if any of us was in positions of power, we would make some mistakes also.

That is very true, this is an emergency and people are dying.  However Gov Whitmer had a history of these types of unilateral and arbitrary actions before the pandemic.

She is trying to shut down an energy pipeline that supplies propane to 300,000 residents of the Upper Peninsula.  The previous administration and Enbridge worked out a deal where Enbridge would pay to replace the line with a much safer line in a bedrock tunnel (lots of good jobs for northern Michigan).  She rejected that and wants to permanently remove the line.  She has never explained how 300,000 Yoopers will heat their homes.

She wanted to raise gasoline taxes by 45 cents (this would result in Michigan having the highest gas tax in the nation).

Her administration outlawed the long legal in Michigan practice of deer feeding and baiting.  Bait sales and hunting are important to rural economies.  Hunting has a demographic problem.  The average age of hunters is getting older and older.  Less hunters means less dollars for rural small business.  Banning baiting exacerbates this by discouraging old hunters who can't hike as far into the woods, and young hunters who need the affirmation of getting a deer to continue with hunting.

None of these policies had any support from the legislators that represent rural Michigan.  She has earned the Emperor nickname.

To fight the Pandemic, she needs to work in the best interests of all Michiganders, urban and rural.  To do that she needs to work with the Legislators to come up with policies that work for all of Michigan.  She did not have a history of doing that before, and is not making any effort to do that now.  Her focus has been on being Biden's campaign chairperson, politicking for the Veep seat, and political grandstanding on CNN and MSNBC.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2020, 10:20:03 AM »
I do know that Ted Nugent is no fan of Gov. Whitmer. :violent-smiley-007:

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2020, 10:29:17 AM »
Thanks for the update, Rust Farmer.  I was aware of some of those things, but didn't know about the propane and deer hunting issues.  Just goes to show you always have to be on guard to protect your freedoms.

To address your question, Phil, I agree, anyone would make mistakes.  It's owning up to those mistakes and correcting them that makes all the difference.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 10:31:10 AM by Lookin4_67GalaxieConv »
boop/bop/beep

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2020, 11:01:22 AM »
I do know that Ted Nugent is no fan of Gov. Whitmer. :violent-smiley-007:

gotta love ted.  :-*

i would love to have drink and a chat with him but he doesn't drink!  :party0036:
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!