TOOLS AND THE SHOP > GUNSMITHING/ KNIFEMAKING

RUGER GETS MARLIN

<< < (2/6) > >>

bmwrd0:
Well, we will see if the new products are as good as my 70's and 80's Marlins. Love those guns.

jabberwoki:
Yes me too i have a stainless Marlin xlr in 45/70 with a longer mag. Made before the original take over I freakin love this gun.

highland512:
There was a rumor that Palmetto State Armory was bidding on the ammo biz, that would have been interesting.
Glad to see Ruger got Marlin, Im curious to see what Vista does with Remington brand when it comes to firearms or did they just spend 81 million for ammo production. I would love to see the bushmaster brand come back, I always wanted one but never got around to it until it was to late.
Is it just me or does 155 million for the sale of Remington and its brands sound cheep?

goodfellow:

--- Quote from: highland512 on September 29, 2020, 08:18:09 AM ---.......I would live to see the bushmaster brand come back, I always wanted one but never got around to it until it was to late.
Is it just me or does 155 million for the sale of Remington and its brands sound cheep?

--- End quote ---

Highland, the old Bushmaster is still in business. Windham Weaponry was founded by the previous Bushmaster owner (Richard Dyke) when he bought back his original Maine factory and hired many of the original Bushmaster employees. I have an older 90's Bushmaster AR15-A2, and rely on Windham to supply the parts. 

https://www.windhamweaponry.com/about-us/company-history/

slip knot:
Good to see they didn't get sold out to a liquidator. I've always like my Marlins rifles, a Glenfield 60 still hangs at the back door. First gun I ever owned.

I was surprised that marlin hadn't jumped into the sub$500 rifle game that everyone is beating to death right now. seeing their name on a plastic stocked crappy optic rifle would have been a let down. but its probably coming.

The only good thing about those craptastic rifles is their cheap bases to mod up. I'm getting a savage axis 308 on friday. already have a match grade varmint taper barrel for it and a Boyd stock on order. be my next pig roller.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version