VEHICLES > PROJECT CARS/TRUCKS

64 Fairlane wagon

(1/3) > >>

Fordguy1964:
So I am new to this site. I wanted to share my Fairlane wagon that I am building and maybe do a build thread but I can't seem to figure out how to post pictures. I can't upload any... Is there some trick that I am missing? It seems that the pictures have to be TINY in order to share them. Is there no site "test bed" where I can test posting things and get help on what I am doing wrong?  :41:

Fordguy1964:
So for information, I have restored many cars. My latest is a 64 Fairlane Sports Coupe. I tore that one all the way down and brought it back. I am doing the same to this wagon. My wagon is VERY solid. Interesting story about it. I am the FIRST titled owner of this car. It was originally ordered by a dealer in Columbus N.D. to be in their showroom. They ordered this wagon, a 64 4 door Galaxie, and an Econoline style pickup all in Prairie Bronze to sit side by side in the showroom. Twards the end of the year the Galaxie and the Econoline both sold but the wagon didn't. So the dealer decided to go ahead and keep it for his family vehicle. He drove it on dealer tags and the MSO until he parked it in an airplane hanger owned by the family in 1978. Fast forward to 2020 and the dealer passed away and his son got possession of the car. He is a lawyer living in Washington and had no interest in messing with this old car so he sold it to me CHEAP! The only real thing wrong is that the lower front fender bottoms have been eaten through with rust. Otherwise it is in good shape. There are a few dents but nothing that can't be fixed.

Fordguy1964:
When I drug it home to Ohio on a trailer I never guessed this but the engine was not locked up after sitting for all of those years. I filled the fuel bowl with fresh gas put a fuel line into a gas can and twisted the key. She fired right up. It didn't sound bad at all. The only thing really wrong as far as that goes is that the water pump shaft seal has gone out. Otherwise once I flushed the tank I could have driven it to work. I did drive it to the end of my street and back on the gas can... about 1 mile total. The trans shifted good and the engine had no problems. Not bad for sitting for 42 years.

Fordguy1964:
Let's see if this works... This is the video of the first start after 42 years.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_zkKRbnGTY

Fordguy1964:
Well, posting the link to the video worked... Now if I could just figure out how to upload pictures here...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version