Author Topic: Have you been vaccinated?  (Read 37029 times)

Offline walrus

Re: Have you been vaccinated?
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2021, 04:03:20 AM »
I remember the first videos coming out of China showed people falling out on the streets. We never had that here.
Do what you got to do but look at India

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2021, 05:45:33 AM »
My taxes are paying for this so I’m getting as many as I can. Maybe a dozen or so!!  :93:
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2021, 08:56:47 AM »
My taxes are paying for this so I’m getting as many as I can. Maybe a dozen or so!!  :93:

Best line today :clap:

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2021, 09:47:31 AM »
Have any of you heard talk about this shot being recommended every year like the flu shot?
boop/bop/beep

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2021, 10:03:02 AM »
Have any of you heard talk about this shot being recommended every year like the flu shot?

I've heard people saying that. The different government agencies evidently don't coordinate very well as they all say different crap all the time. I got the vaccine and had no side effects so I'm ignoring the BS going around. The only precaution I took was no Advil, ibuprofen, for a week before and the week after and took Tylenol instead. Did it make a difference? Did the Vitamin D3, fish oil, Vitamin C and zinc I take make the difference? I don't have a clue but no side effects.

Offline PowderKeg

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2021, 11:39:11 AM »
...The different government agencies evidently don't coordinate very well as they all say different crap all the time. I got the vaccine and had no side effects so I'm ignoring the BS going around....

It's not that they don't coordinate, it's that they're full of inept, unaccountable, rabid lab monkeys spinning in circles throwing shit at the walls to see what the gullible masses will swallow and keep their 5 minutes of fame and glory going indefinitely.  This has been grotesquely political from the outset,  and now that Fascist Democrats are in power and installing their loyal brownshirts in those agencies they won't let it go.

As far as the vax, I have no intention of getting it, but that could always change down the road aways at my whim and pleasure.  I will not bow to baseless fear and hysteria meant only to control me, not protect me or others.  I don't race to the bathtub and hunker in abject fear for hours the moment a tornado watch is called in the area.  I could walk out the door this evening to drive over for a pizza and get creamed by a drunk driver or texting idiot - dead is dead and we're all gonna be worm food someday - I'm going to enjoy the time as best able with whatever reasonable precautions I deem worthwhile, not what some despicable lying partisan lab rat like Fascist Fauci and his Death's Head Division co-conspirators spew in an attempt to destroy what was once the greatest and most freedom loving (and defending) country the world has ever seen.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2021, 12:58:06 PM »
This shows you what Fauci is all about.
MAGA

Offline garagefanatic

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2021, 04:14:02 PM »
I got both shots (Pfizer), the arm was a little sore for about a day after.  My wife is a RN, and was one of the first in the area to be vaccinated.  She got the Moderna and had no reaction.  I've heard of all kinds of reactions from friends, like SK said, everybody  reacts differently.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2021, 04:50:01 PM »
I'm leaning towards getting it, but have absolutely no plans to get it yearly like the flu shot.  I did get the flu shot last year because of our seven month old.  Knock on wood but she hasn't been sick yet. My wife stays home with her every day, she's not in daycare and we plan on keeping it that way.

Both of my sisters act like it's a no-brainer to get the shot, which annoys me.  As long as I feel there's more pros than cons to get it, then I will.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 04:53:41 PM by Lookin4_67GalaxieConv »
boop/bop/beep

Offline slip knot

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2021, 05:56:22 PM »
I remember the first videos coming out of China showed people falling out on the streets. We never had that here.

Thankfully our medical system is quite a bit better than India... For now.  :lol_hitting:

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2021, 06:16:48 PM »
I am waiting till next month to get the J&J jab cause it will be 3 months sense I have had the virus. My son had it before me and had a little harsher symptoms like loss of taste and constant fever for several days compared to my brief daily chills. He got 2 Moderna shots after about 2 months and was sicker for 2 days after each shot than when he had the virus.  :-\ My wife got her first Moderna and felt nothing except shot site soreness as expected. Other son got both and felt nothing. I agree everyone is different. I am doing JJ because it’s one shot and after my son got so sick I figured I didn’t want Moderna . I get flu shots because they are free and I don’t like getting sick. (Actually Publix supermarket gives me a $10 gift card to get shot :D) I don’t fear injections at all, I am sure I have had worse things in my body. I self medicated in the 70s.  O0
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 06:23:15 PM by Heiny57 »
MAGA

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2021, 09:29:38 PM »
I get flu shots because they are free and I don’t like getting sick. (Actually Publix supermarket gives me a $10 gift card to get shot :D) I don’t fear injections at all, I am sure I have had worse things in my body. I self medicated in the 70s.  O0

ha! funny stuff and much my same opinion. i took the shots because i want to prevent myself from getting sick/sicker that i was. i don't fear injections and have probably done more damage to my body with other stuff than the vaccine ever will.

funny, i know some people who have used some pretty fucked up shit on their lifetime and some of them still do with no hesitation. for many of us, our lifestyles and issues of overweight, diabetes, stress, heart disease, alcohol  use etc. are doing far more damage that the vaccine but no way in hell are they going to get a vaccine.  :))
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline john k

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2021, 10:22:57 PM »
My ladyfriend and I got our 2 shots. 1st, everything fine.  2nd, she was down with bad cold symptoms for 3-4 days..  I felt fine, for 4-5 days then just felt groggy and out of sorts for the following 4 days.   Am in general good health, on no meds, but at 70 do not feel like taking chances. Had a bunch of innoculations courtesy of the  Army, figured they didnt kill me, so.

Offline walrus

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2021, 03:51:16 PM »

Thankfully our medical system is quite a bit better than India... For now.  :lol_hitting:
Are you sure about that? Half the Drs in the US are from there  :sign0065:

Offline slip knot

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2021, 05:34:15 PM »

Are you sure about that? Half the Drs in the US are from there  :sign0065:

See. They dont even have any Doctors left over there. :))