Author Topic: Have you been vaccinated?  (Read 37136 times)

Offline walrus

Re: Have you been vaccinated?
« Reply #195 on: December 07, 2021, 04:53:13 AM »
Every sneeze sniffle or cold like symptom gets me wondering. Lots of folks in my town have been stricken in last few weeks. Hopefully you guys recover quickly and with no issues.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #196 on: December 07, 2021, 08:42:34 AM »
At a doctor visit yesterday she asked if I had the booster yet. I told her no but I did accept a flu shot as long as I saw the vial as they drew the syringe.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #197 on: December 07, 2021, 09:10:57 AM »
Wife lost a friend last week.  About 65 with some health issues.  She and husband were hospitalized at the same time.  She was put into an induced coma and didn't make it.  Haven't heard about his status

Offline muddy

« Reply #198 on: December 08, 2021, 05:27:19 PM »
Yes Tim, praying for quick and complete recovery. 

Can't remember if you shared if you or Mandy are vaxxed.

Did you ship Sam off to the Grandparents?
I'm not Vaxxed, Mandy wanted to but just never got around to it.

I was always waiting for this whole thing to blow over, and get the vacc after it had time to prove itself. But the way it's going it may be a ever ending booster series.

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #199 on: December 08, 2021, 06:12:44 PM »
My time to get the booster will be in March.  Not planning on it at this point.
boop/bop/beep

Offline slip knot

« Reply #200 on: December 08, 2021, 07:25:46 PM »
went to my Dr on Monday for my bi-annual inspection. He asked about the flu vax and I passed. he then asked about the covid vax. told him my faith was greater than my fear. He just laughed and said his too.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #201 on: January 11, 2022, 07:23:58 AM »
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #202 on: January 11, 2022, 08:37:34 AM »
Yes Tim, praying for quick and complete recovery. 

Can't remember if you shared if you or Mandy are vaxxed.

Did you ship Sam off to the Grandparents?
I'm not Vaxxed, Mandy wanted to but just never got around to it.

I was always waiting for this whole thing to blow over, and get the vacc after it had time to prove itself. But the way it's going it may be a ever ending booster series.

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman

Yes, it seems that there's a new strain of this China virus every week, and your previous vaccinations don't work on the new threat. The government's solution is to keep pumping you full of juice as each new variant is identified. That policy in itself borders on insanity, yet many people will just get in line and let themselves be repeatedly jabbed without any second thoughts whatsoever. --- CRAZY!!!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #203 on: January 11, 2022, 01:19:05 PM »
Awaiting test results myself.  Had some symptoms Saturday into Sunday.  Got tested Monday morning, couldn;t find rapid test so few days to wait.  Am somewhat enjoying not going to the shop though am still working a bit at home.  Feel pretty good.  If I do have covid, it is quite mild and am glad I got the J&J shot

Offline walrus

« Reply #204 on: January 11, 2022, 04:18:09 PM »
Awaiting test results myself.  Had some symptoms Saturday into Sunday.  Got tested Monday morning, couldn;t find rapid test so few days to wait.  Am somewhat enjoying not going to the shop though am still working a bit at home.  Feel pretty good.  If I do have covid, it is quite mild and am glad I got the J&J shot
2 guys I work with have had it, one got it Christmas, the other came down with it last Friday. Luckily I haven't been around them in a few weeks. Both say it wasn't too bad. One guy had Covid back in april of 20, the other guy had J and J shot but not boosted. Both had a fever of 102 or so.

Family and friends went out to eat new years eve, the restaurant was shut down all last week but no one in our party had any issues. Sooner or later we are all getting it

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #205 on: January 11, 2022, 04:30:26 PM »
I think you are right about everyone getting it sooner or later.

My fever didn't last or go past 101.  I truly hope this is covid as it hasn't been bad so far and I  will take a natural boost to my immune system. Back and shoulders hurt more then usual and cough a little and a little tired.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #206 on: January 11, 2022, 06:52:51 PM »
Had to get mine to keep my job... to me ... well i just cannot seem to form the appropriate words.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline slip knot

« Reply #207 on: January 11, 2022, 07:11:10 PM »
I hear ya Jabber. a couple months ago they were talking about making us jab or go. I was prepared to walk. Good luck finding a replacement in this fiasco. I stepped up to plant manager last year and have went 16 months without an assistant, which was my old job. The department has a 57% vacancy. People are walking away daily. Since Abbott came out with the anti-mandate we've been spared for now. I found out today there are <1500 people in Texas who have the certifications to do my job.

I've always felt that when the good Lord was ready for me he would come get me. If he means for the wuhan to take me out then it will be so. Why fret about it.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #208 on: January 12, 2022, 08:35:17 AM »
Got my results back, negative. 

Jabber, I absolutely think its wrong to be forced to take the jab of a vaccine that is basically experimental.  That decision should be ones own to make.
I don't regret my decision for the J&J but it was my choice.

Slip Knot, whether you get the shot or not will have no effect on your time to go home, but doing things to stay healthy will make the wait more pleasant :)
That's why we don't live on donuts and fried foods, especially as we get older (said the formerly fat man)

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #209 on: January 12, 2022, 11:08:02 AM »
I am ready to walk away but it seems the supreme court won't make that necessary. I figure I can find something with a company with less that 100 employees that doesn't require it. I don't do the flu shot and certainly won't be doing this experimental vax. Maybe In a decade or two when it has played out the side effects. I just can't see how it has an upside for a virus that has an incredible recovery rate. Not saying it doesn't take people or that is isn't real but near as I can tell it is maybe one step up from the flu.
Not telling anyone not to get it or not to wear a mask. If it fits your activity, you do you. Stay home if that is more your speed. I'm not living in fear and if that takes me I guess that is the way it is.
I do hope everyone is washing their hands and keeping their distance. Eating well and getting plenty of rest.
Rich