Author Topic: Have you been vaccinated?  (Read 37865 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Have you been vaccinated?
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2021, 09:01:53 PM »
The hypocrisy of BIG government is truly on display today. Yesterday Pres. Biden mandated vaccines for the general public, yet today we find out that certain unions such as the USPS union, lobbied and received exemptions for their membership. To top it off, the vaccine mandates don't apply to illegal aliens crossing the border, nor do they apply to members of congress and their staff. What does that tell you about the crooked cabal that is running Washington?

Sad to say, but our confidence and trust that the federal government is working for average Americans has been totally undermined by these events.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #151 on: September 11, 2021, 01:41:58 PM »
Ray, that trust was gone long ago, its just getting worse

Offline slip knot

« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2021, 02:18:47 PM »
Now ask yourself this? Why are the members of congress exempt? What are they afraid of?

Offline walrus

« Reply #153 on: September 12, 2021, 05:56:15 AM »
The hypocrisy of BIG government is truly on display today. Yesterday Pres. Biden mandated vaccines for the general public, yet today we find out that certain unions such as the USPS union, lobbied and received exemptions for their membership. To top it off, the vaccine mandates don't apply to illegal aliens crossing the border, nor do they apply to members of congress and their staff. What does that tell you about the crooked cabal that is running Washington?

Sad to say, but our confidence and trust that the federal government is working for average Americans has been totally undermined by these events.
Business as usual, same type of shit happened with Obama care. Anyone who thinks the US govt is out to help anyone but the beautiful people is smoking something.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #154 on: September 12, 2021, 06:59:20 PM »
Those in favour of a new 3rd party say  AYE.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #155 on: September 13, 2021, 05:11:33 AM »
Walrus,      BINGO

Jabber,       AYE

Offline walrus

« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2021, 05:15:54 AM »
Not sure why this hasn't happened, Ross Perot had a large 3rd party in Maine going for awhile and it just died out after he lost in 92. He got a big % in Maine for 3rd party candidate, I think it was 20%?

Term limits is what we need as we are 2 greedy to vote out existing congress aholes. It comes back to your congressman sucks and mine does to but once in the booth we vote for our ahole as he/she gets us money in some pork bill.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2021, 07:48:15 AM »
Not sure why this hasn't happened, Ross Perot had a large 3rd party in Maine going for awhile and it just died out after he lost in 92. He got a big % in Maine for 3rd party candidate, I think it was 20%?

Term limits is what we need as we are 2 greedy to vote out existing congress aholes. It comes back to your congressman sucks and mine does to but once in the booth we vote for our ahole as he/she gets us money in some pork bill.

C'mon Walrus, you know exactly why.  If there's one thing the Dems and Repubs have in common it's not wanting another party to challenge them.  So they'll do anything behind the scenes to make sure it doesn't happen.  It's just like certain issues.  Both parties will use them to rile up the base and fundraise off of.
boop/bop/beep

Offline slip knot

« Reply #158 on: September 14, 2021, 08:42:48 AM »
 I agree that we need term limits. Congress shouldn’t be a career.

Offline geneg

« Reply #159 on: September 14, 2021, 08:54:13 AM »
NO political position should be a career!  A 2 or 3 term limit for an individual in a jurisdiction.  The small county I grew up in had professional politicians.  treasurer 2 terms, recorder 2 terms, auditor 2 terms, & so on.  Same group always had an office in the courthouse.  Think about it, they spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to run for positions that pay well less than $50 k a year. 

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #160 on: September 19, 2021, 04:11:31 PM »
Got the pfizer today  :cool2.

Offline jabberwoki

Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #162 on: November 14, 2021, 08:15:29 AM »
Is there a vaccine, should seriously be mandatory . :-\
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #163 on: November 14, 2021, 10:51:32 AM »
one of my guys got the booster on Wednesday morning last week, then got sick and took off Wednesday at lunch. We were off Thursday for Veterans day and he called in sick again on Friday. But I bet he wont blame it on the booster... He really imbibes the MSM coolaid.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #164 on: November 14, 2021, 02:53:01 PM »
one of my guys got the booster on Wednesday morning last week, then got sick and took off Wednesday at lunch. We were off Thursday for Veterans day and he called in sick again on Friday. But I bet he wont blame it on the booster... He really imbibes the MSM coolaid.

i am not telling anyone to get the shot or the booster.

but lets play devils advocate here. what if that same coworker got covid and was out for a long period of time?, what if that same coworker got quite ill from covid and spent time in a hospital or worse yet  died? are those better or more acceptable options?

my mother just passed away. we had an open visitation, prayer service, funeral, lunch and burial.  masks optional. some wore them, some did not. the only family who could not attend and wanted to was my unvaccinated niece and her family. they all had covid at the time and also were unable to see their grandmother and great-grandmother before her death  for the same reason.  they  were dead set against the vaccination but i bet if you asked them today their answer would be somewhat different.

to the best of my knowledge we did not cause or have a super spreader event because of it. i am thankful for that.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!