Author Topic: Have you been vaccinated?  (Read 37147 times)

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
Re: Have you been vaccinated?
« Reply #210 on: January 12, 2022, 02:13:53 PM »
I am ready to walk away but it seems the supreme court won't make that necessary. I figure I can find something with a company with less that 100 employees that doesn't require it. I don't do the flu shot and certainly won't be doing this experimental vax. Maybe In a decade or two when it has played out the side effects. I just can't see how it has an upside for a virus that has an incredible recovery rate. Not saying it doesn't take people or that is isn't real but near as I can tell it is maybe one step up from the flu.
Not telling anyone not to get it or not to wear a mask. If it fits your activity, you do you. Stay home if that is more your speed. I'm not living in fear and if that takes me I guess that is the way it is.
I do hope everyone is washing their hands and keeping their distance. Eating well and getting plenty of rest.

i am not for telling anyone what to do or mandating things.

but on the flip side i totally disagree about it having an incredible recovery rate.

my wifes cousin lost her husband to covid on christmas day and  damn near died herself. they  both had health problems. their son, 42 years old with 10 kids  and no health issues however was not so lucky and died on december 30, less than a week after his father. his whole family ended up with covid, none of them vaccinated. i know, i went to his prayer service last night.

i doubt they consider it highly recoverable and only slightly worse than the flu.

my son, a paramedic in fargo, stopped by last night after work. once again he hauled multiple covid patients. one of the first questions they ask is are you vaccinated. he has not transported a vaccinated  patient that does not have some sort of preexisting  condition.. something in the neighborhood of 9 out 10 are unvaccinated and the  1 in 10 are vaccinated with preexisting.

all i can tell you is what i have seen first hand with my family. take it for what its worth.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 02:22:39 PM by skfarmer »
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #211 on: January 12, 2022, 06:29:24 PM »
SK, well spoken and with personal insight.

Offline walrus

« Reply #212 on: January 13, 2022, 04:55:13 PM »
my sister in law is a RN in a small rural hospital, she just started doing Covid patients, 100% of the patients are not vaccinated, just a snap shot in time but...

Online TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #213 on: January 13, 2022, 05:31:28 PM »
I am sorry for your and anyone else's loss. And I'm glad we can disagree and not have it be the end of the world.

Unfortunately with life, we get death. This isn't to say that a vax might not prolong a life, but I'm still of the belief that there are underlying heath issues that the rona brings to the surface. The fellow at my work that passed was over weight and his father had passed not long before he was hospitalized and put on a ventilator. There were other cases where the individual was of advanced age and it was hard on them. but they are back to work. The flu produces similar results from my experience and what I have observed.

I'm still not convinced that the virus wasn't engineered to "cull the heard". I'm a tin foil hat guy and make no secret of it. The crazy stuff the likes of Bill Gates and others put out as fact or even just their opinion are pretty scary to me. To think the world is over populated and that a govt body would get to decide who stays and who doesn't goes against everything I stand for.

There is a reason for our constitution and our forefathers thought it out pretty well. I, for one, am glad they did.

As far as the 100% patients being unvaxed, give it time. As these boosters get situated, I fear a compromised immune system will allow for plenty of the vaxed to come down with the virus. It has already been shown that the vaxed can and do transmit the virus. SO, if you are vaxed why are you so worried about the rest of us?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/13/politics/supreme-court-vaccine-mandate-covid-19/index.html
As above, I'm glad we have a constitution and three branches of government where each  rides heard over the other two to keep things somewhat honest.

If the fear is so great stay home, get your supplies delivered. I cant do it, I'm just too hard headed.

Rich

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #214 on: January 13, 2022, 08:17:50 PM »

I'm still not convinced that the virus wasn't engineered to "cull the heard". I'm a tin foil hat guy and make no secret of it. The crazy stuff the likes of Bill Gates and others put out as fact or even just their opinion are pretty scary to me. To think the world is over populated and that a govt body would get to decide who stays and who doesn't goes against everything I stand for.

I'm sure of it.  There's been no evidence to indicate otherwise.
boop/bop/beep

Offline walrus

« Reply #215 on: January 14, 2022, 04:45:42 AM »
Is there any doubt that for the finite resources the world has that the world is over populated? I'm sure Bill Gates has enough money to do whatever he wants but I think Mother Nature will drop the population sooner or later without his help. 

Online TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #216 on: January 14, 2022, 12:28:36 PM »
Is there any doubt that for the finite resources the world has that the world is over populated? I'm sure Bill Gates has enough money to do whatever he wants but I think Mother Nature will drop the population sooner or later without his help.

How does one make the determination that the world is overpopulated?
Golden rule pretty much gets people a get out is jail free card or at least they can buy their way past an awful lot of setbacks. One of the tenants of a guy I once worked for was that if he could write a check to solve the problem it wasn't a problem at all.

I am glad the SCOTUS saw fit to uphold the Constitution for us commoners. I do for see a health care worker shortage at an even greater level. Too bad I guess. Rules for thee but not for me as it goes as the post office and others have exemptions.

I am looking forward to a better summer though the inflation hurts.
Rich

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #217 on: January 14, 2022, 04:13:58 PM »
Here is an interesting site. You can see the number of adverse reactions, deaths, disabilities and life threatening illnesses reported for each batch of the vaccines. This information is taken from the VAERS reporting. Your vaccine brand and lot number are on your vaccination card.

https://www.howbadismybatch.com/index.html

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #218 on: January 14, 2022, 04:34:48 PM »
Not buying the world is overpopulated.  We continue to get more efficient at growing food, stretching fuel, building more homes, etc.  God has given man the brains to overcome obstacles as they crop up.  Not saying we won't have problems but we have always figured a way out, through or over anything that has come at us sooner or later.

Now can we get along? :))  Well that ain't happened yet and likely never will.

As to the finite resources, we will never run out of oil, we will only run out of cheap oil.  As the price goes up, other fuels will replace it.  When price of anything gets too high, a substitute will be found at a more reasonable price or we will adapt to doing without.

One example of finite resources changing.  They used to cry about how much paper and wood we used.  No forests will be left.    Well the industry adapted and it is now sustainable.  may not be cheap, but we have it.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #219 on: January 14, 2022, 07:21:03 PM »
Having traveled to many 3rd work countries and seen massive overpopulation first hand i'm on the side of too many peeps on the globe . Then factor in the scary population growth facts .
Doesn't make me feel too good about the future.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline walrus

« Reply #220 on: January 15, 2022, 07:47:27 AM »
India, China and other countries in South east Asia, 3 or 4 maybe 5 billion mouths to feed? Not overpopulated, wait till we have a bad growing season. Some kind of virus hits the crops not ever seen before. Drought or floods. The world is on the edge.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #221 on: January 15, 2022, 08:08:18 AM »
Walrus, I get your point but hasn't this alway been the case in some pockets of the world?  The next catastrophe devastates a population.  My point is, mankind finds a solution and recovers.

Offline walrus

« Reply #222 on: January 15, 2022, 02:20:22 PM »
Walrus, I get your point but hasn't this alway been the case in some pockets of the world?  The next catastrophe devastates a population.  My point is, mankind finds a solution and recovers.
Mankind may find a solution but before that happens lots of folks going to be dead

Offline slip knot

« Reply #223 on: January 15, 2022, 06:23:11 PM »
Mother nature has a way of balancing out the population as needed.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #224 on: January 15, 2022, 06:28:45 PM »
Mankind may find a solution but before that happens lots of folks going to be dead

Can't argue that