TOOLS AND THE SHOP > MECHANIC HAND TOOLS WE USE

US made vice grips.

<< < (3/5) > >>

skfarmer:

--- Quote from: Uncle Buck on October 24, 2022, 02:25:51 PM ---

This will be a challenge with this kid, he is 20, and is going to get a lesson in the patience it takes to produce good results in paint finish which only comes through proper prep for topcoat. He is also going  to see the project through and do drawer liners, and adding dividers if needed.

This might be a reason that you will begin seeing a lot more activity from me on the site in coming weeks or months. As big a mess as my shop is this will not happen overnight but will likely take a bit.

--- End quote ---

best news i have heard in a while!

goodfellow:
Very much looking forward to the tool box refurbishment Herb. Your son will remember this project as a highlight in his life -- guaranteed.

Uncle Buck:

--- Quote from: goodfellow on October 24, 2022, 05:32:50 PM ---Very much looking forward to the tool box refurbishment Herb. Your son will remember this project as a highlight in his life -- guaranteed.

--- End quote ---

I am going to take before and after pics which is something I have never done before. The top box is very sweaty, someone spray bombed the whole thing silver. I think they might have taped off the brand tag fortunately. It has been a couple of years since I looked at it.

The roller is Master Mechanic tagged but it appears Remline to me. Still better than most anything else you will find these days even though it has friction slides.

skfarmer:

--- Quote from: Uncle Buck on October 24, 2022, 05:45:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: goodfellow on October 24, 2022, 05:32:50 PM ---Very much looking forward to the tool box refurbishment Herb. Your son will remember this project as a highlight in his life -- guaranteed.

--- End quote ---

The top box is very sweaty,

--- End quote ---

uncle buck and a sweaty box............ damn we've missed you and your verbiage around these parts. :))

jabberwoki:
SK.....wow you perv.

Really looking forward to this thread, we don`t see any like this very much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version