TOOLS AND THE SHOP > MECHANIC HAND TOOLS WE USE

The Shipwreck Vise has become the Pumpkin Vise

(1/5) > >>

Lookin4_67GalaxieConv:
I bought this early in 2019 from a guy I had just bought a small welding table from.  He had said he had other stuff for sale in this big building that was somewhat open to the elements.  I saw this Wilton and asked about it and he sold it to me for $75.  I call the before version the Shipwreck Vise because it looks as if it was sitting underwater for several years.  And the after version the Halloween or Pumpkin Vise for obvious reasons.  It worked before I have took it apart and gave it a light restoration.  I did not take everything apart, never took the end cap off, got one of the vise jaws off but the other one will take some doing.  I don't know why they had the jaws set up like this, I'm assuming for a specialized purpose.

Anyway, here it is...more to follow

Lookin4_67GalaxieConv:
More pics

Lookin4_67GalaxieConv:
All in all a fun little project.  Once I figure which bench will get this one, it will be a user, and I would like to get the proper jaws for it, at a good price.

Now how do I dispose of grimy white vinegar?  Seriously?

goodfellow:
Excellent job! Love to see that old iron lovingly restored to its former glory. Like the color as well.

skfarmer:
amazing! i like it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version