Author Topic: Real engine failure or staged  (Read 1330 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Real engine failure or staged
« on: December 27, 2021, 01:52:31 PM »
This youtuber claims his Taylorcraft engine quit over the mountains on his way to Mammoth Mountain in Cal so he bailed out. Too many red flags for me on this video. I've worn a parachute a lot but when doing aerobatics (required) or in a warbird but never just while flying a general aviation aircraft on a normal flight. He also just happens to be wearing a sport chute which is far bulkier than an emergency chute and you can see how cramped he is against the seatback and up against the yoke and no visible seatbelt on.

I tried to find a plane registered to him but he either uses an alias or it was registered to someone else and I didn't see an N number on the plane. I never saw him attempt an engine start and he should have kept the propellor windmilling to attempt a restart. He had plenty of altitude to try it but instead he slowed the plane to stop the prop which is proper if you don't have the altitude or time to attempt a restart. He also ditched a Bonanza off Monterey after an engine failure. HMMMM.

<iframe width="768" height="396" src=" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Real engine failure or staged
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2021, 02:25:34 PM »
I have no idea about the aviation protocols associated with this guy's flight, but the whole thing looks much too contrived and staged to me. Everything was in the perfect place to document every aspect of this "accident". I'm quite certain that he's hoping for "clicks" to prop up his channel(s).

Just looked at the youtube responses, and the consensus is that this guy is a serial attention seeker, and that he staged the whole thing. Even his "friends" are calling him out.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 02:27:41 PM by goodfellow »

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2021, 05:18:40 PM »
It is tough to find info on this guy. I searched the FAA Airman Certificate base and could not find any certificate under various tries of his name but mine is still in there. I did check the registration number of a plane he flies in another video a couple of months ago but a registration was applied for in his name but never issued. It shows as no valid registration or airworthiness certificate which is illegal to operate an aircraft that lacks both of those. I searched the database for Taylorcrafts registered in Cal but came up with nothing tied to him. The plane carries an old NC number on the tail but it isn't legible in the video even enlarged.

I might do a little more searching for this character.

Offline muddy

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2021, 10:35:20 PM »
If it looks like shit and smells like shit, it probably shit.

And to my untrained eyes that looked like a bullshit m stunt for attention by a D bag.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk