Author Topic: Forget about GoFundMe  (Read 2398 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Forget about GoFundMe
« on: February 05, 2022, 12:22:34 PM »
I will never use GFM again as they are worthless POS. They refused to disburse the last 9 million dollars to the Freedom Convoy in Canada claiming it violated the terms of use. They said people had two weeks to ask for a refund before they donated the money to charities of their choice. They have now said they are issuing refunds automatically after finding out they were about to get slammed with lawsuits and criminal investigations.

I really hope that this costs them huge amounts of business and it might already as people that donated are asking their credit card companies for chargebacks which will cost GFM.

https://medium.com/gofundme-stories/update-gofundme-statement-on-the-freedom-convoy-2022-fundraiser-4ca7e9714e82

Offline jabberwoki

Re: Forget about GoFundMe
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 12:37:05 PM »
Wow when is the war coming?
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 12:49:02 PM »
Not the first time for them, and won't be the last. If it doesn't fit the narrative, they chop it. They took down Mr. Rittenhouse's fundraiser, but let the one stand for 'ByeCep', even though he was the one criminal carrying that night in WI.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 01:19:50 PM »
People are now using GiveSendGo which is a Christian based site.

https://www.givesendgo.com/

People are donating to the Canada protesters at: Freedom Convoy 2022 but that link is currently overloaded with people trying to donate.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2022, 01:49:39 PM »
People are now using GiveSendGo which is a Christian based site.

https://www.givesendgo.com/

People are donating to the Canada protesters at: Freedom Convoy 2022 but that link is currently overloaded with people trying to donate.

Not only people trying to donate, but also leftist hackers sending volumes of DNS attacks against that site to make it difficult for people to make contributions. At this point i'm also sure that Canadian and US deep state intelligence actors are also trying to slow down that site and cause havoc.
The Canadian truckers and their supporters are fighting an uphill battle, because many of their conservative elected officials are in the tank for the Trudeau regime. Few conservative politicos will fight for the truckers and their cause. --- Sad, but true.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2022, 01:57:58 PM »
Doesn't GoFundMe take 25% off the top for their fees?  I've never donated through them and never would.  I wouldn't donate to a charity with that type of overhead.
boop/bop/beep

Offline slip knot

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2022, 06:52:10 PM »
I've donated to some GFM fundraisers for different things but not any more. Another company thats gonna go broke supporting the left and the leftist agenda.

I dont think the Freedom truckers much care about any political party at this time. They stated they dont need the money to stay. We'll see.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2022, 01:15:46 PM »
Doesn't GoFundMe take 25% off the top for their fees?  I've never donated through them and never would.  I wouldn't donate to a charity with that type of overhead.

25 % sounded pretty high so I googled it.  I believe the correct amount is 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction

Sounds much more reasonable

As to their politics, I have no knowledge, never used them.  Mama and I decded long ago if is not a Christian organization with low overhead, we don't give and we mainly support local organizations.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2022, 01:53:15 PM »

25 % sounded pretty high so I googled it.  I believe the correct amount is 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction

Sounds much more reasonable

As to their politics, I have no knowledge, never used them.  Mama and I decded long ago if is not a Christian organization with low overhead, we don't give and we mainly support local organizations.

Thanks for the clarification, Phil.  I thought one of those fundraising platforms charged something outrageous like that, could've been another one.

I saw GoFundMe was raising money for some organization inside the CHOP zone

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gofundme-canadian-trucker-fundraiser-offered-support-capitol-hill-occupied-protest
boop/bop/beep

Offline slip knot

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2022, 02:29:34 PM »
Gofundme isn't necessarily a charity itself. its a crowdsourced method of donating to things. I've donated to a friends granddaughters cancer surgery fund. They dont start the fund raiser. Someone like you or I start it and GFM just facilitates the fund collection/distribution. But the fundraisers they have been shutting down have all been conservatives. The leftist criminals get a pass.

Will certainly have to look at the GiveSendGo for the next fundraiser I donate to.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2022, 03:03:26 PM »
Good to know GFM's leanings, was unaware but never used them.

Actually I may have some time ago for a funeral

Offline Rusty

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2022, 03:22:18 PM »
Probably my daughter. I posted a link to her funeral
Expenses fund her sisters had set up on GoFundMe.
"Those wars are unjust which are undertaken without provocation.
 For only a war waged for revenge or defense can be just"

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2022, 08:20:38 AM »
Rusty, that is the only time I used GFM and I am happy that I did. I will never use them again though.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2022, 09:37:38 AM »
Probably my daughter. I posted a link to her funeral
Expenses fund her sisters had set up on GoFundMe.

I think you are right