Author Topic: Wow Pizza Hut  (Read 1162 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Wow Pizza Hut
« on: March 07, 2022, 02:59:19 PM »
You can take this article however you want but I had no idea about this stuff. We no longer have a Pizza Hut in our county. Is it due to our white privilege? 

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2022/03/pizza-hut-teaches-kids-america-built-slavery-and-daniel-greenfield/

Offline fatfillup

Re: Wow Pizza Hut
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 04:15:42 PM »
Lost our local Hut many years ago but there are others within 10 miles,

Read the article and can't get past the hatred the author has for Pizza Hut products.  To me that is a distraction from the point he is trying to make and made me question the validity of his story,

So I googled Pizza Hut racial pamphlets and there is some truth to what the author is saying though I didn't see it to the degree he is claiming.  Not saying it isn't there, just didn't jump out at me.

Pizza Hut Foundation doesn't come up as such so really didn't get much on them.  They do have a Giving Back program in conjunction with Pizza Hut Harvest that is fighting food waste.

So, if Pizza Hut is pushing a racial agenda, they should stick to making food and unfortunately if they are, my boycotting won't help because I can't spend less then I do now :lol_hitting:

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 08:40:58 PM »
I'm in the same camp with Phil here. They would never notice me boycotting them. I've never been in the local one. Didn't even know we had one til I started looking into this article. Theres one just a few miles from the house.

But I have started a policy with my stock broker. If one of my holdings becomes a "woke" corp. Its time to sell that stock. He laughed and said that strategy was pretty common nowdays.

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2022, 01:52:48 PM »
Just a sad dwindling brand throwing out shock value to get their name on the MSM. I can't remember the last time we went to or even ordered takeout or delivery from them. Way better pies to be had in our market . And if their left lean is true, there are better places I'd rather spend my money at.
Rich

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2022, 05:28:44 PM »
You have a great point about shock value, anything to get your name out

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2022, 09:26:46 AM »
Just a sad dwindling brand throwing out shock value to get their name on the MSM. I can't remember the last time we went to or even ordered takeout or delivery from them. Way better pies to be had in our market . And if their left lean is true, there are better places I'd rather spend my money at.

Agreed -- better quality and better tasting pizza can be had very easily. Pizza Hut lost my business many years ago. The last time I went into one of their restaurants was about a decade ago, and even though it was almost empty, it took forever to get the attention of a server. My wife and I finally had enough and we left without placing an order.

Offline muddy

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2022, 07:26:57 PM »
Pizza hut is still in business? They all closed up around here.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk