Author Topic: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock on the face during Oscars.  (Read 2194 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Will Smith slaps Chris Rock on the face during Oscars.
« on: March 28, 2022, 11:08:53 AM »
I don't watch this crap anymore, but last night's out of control outburst by Will Smith underscored a very stunning reality that needs to be addressed. Had a white actor slapped Chris Rock, the media, race huckster politicians, Hollywood elites, and the MSM would be up in arms calling for punitive measures to be taken against said white actor, and all his associate sponsors and acquaintances.

Twelve hours after the incident, the fact that a famous black actor assaulted another famous black comedian on live TV and the outrage over this incident hardly causes a ripple in the traditional, as well as the social media realm, just proves the point that that Will Smith, and pretty much any prominent black personality of note are a protected privileged social class that exists above the law and has no personal accountability for anything they do.

Hopefully last night's incident will be the straw that breaks the Academy Award's back, and that elitist spectacle will become a footnote in history. Time to shut it down.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 07:17:38 PM by goodfellow »

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock on the face during Oscars.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 11:15:34 AM »
i can't argue any of this.

i can say this. chris rock is not even remotely funny. him making fun of her medical condition was way over the line. will smith was absolutely correct in him telling chris rock to never mention her by name again. whatever you think of will smith, i would take him in my corner over chris rock any day of the week.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline highland512

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 12:58:59 PM »
This whole thing screams PR stunt thunk up by two has beens looking for a way to get back on the headlines.

But what do I know.......Im just a deplorable with to many tools and no cable TV.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2022, 01:08:28 PM »
This whole thing screams PR stunt thunk up by two has beens looking for a way to get back on the headlines.

But what do I know.......I'm just a deplorable with too many tools, and no cable TV who let his masculinity grow out!

fixed out for ya!  :lol_hitting:
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2022, 02:50:51 PM »
Definitely a racial double standard.  I was waiting to hear who the first Democrat media member or politician was going to be to somehow tie it back to white supremacy.   :D

But I agree with Highland, I think the whole thing was staged.  Nobody watches this shit show anymore, so you have to get publicity, no matter how low you stoop.  I used to watch some of it when I was younger and was familiar with the movies being nominated.  But while I believe there's lots of good people in that industry, I know there's a lot of reprehensible ones.  I'm also not interested in watching superhero movies because I'm a grown up so I've lost any motivation to watch these preening, virtue signaling shitheads.
boop/bop/beep

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2022, 04:46:07 PM »
Looked staged to me, but even if real, I am not getting too worried about double standards on a racial basis on this incident.  Would turn into a double standard of having the best justice money can buy. Will Smith can certainly afford the best legal team and nothing would happen to him.  Plus Chris Rock didn't press charges so nothing could happen.

As to whether the joke was in poor taste, that would depend on how Jada Smith has portrayed her illness.  If she made light of it herself in order to draw attention to the disease, the joke was fine.  BUT, if that isn't the case, and I don;t know, then is was in poor taste.

Still think it was staged.  Has anyone seen a side angle shot.  Guarantee it was caught on film from different angles.  Didn't see a mark on Rock's face and he sure recovered fast. 

Note, only have seen the one clip this morning.  Everything may look different now 6 hours later.

• Ran when parked
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2022, 06:08:16 PM »
Chris Rock stood there and never once assumed a defensive position.  I don't know that he really was even slapped.  It's ridiculous that two fifty somethings act like they're still in high school.
boop/bop/beep

Offline slip knot

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2022, 08:28:46 PM »
Who really gives a crap what goes on in Fakeville anymore. I could care less what happens to either of them.

Offline Mark T

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2022, 12:36:10 AM »
We got the full thing here (in Australia) broadcast live and that was no slap and the language was not pleasant. If I had been Will Smith I would have walked out making a complaint to the academy. Will Smiths wife has a hair problem due to her health and that is not something to joke about.  He should not have punched Chris. Violence is not an answer to a bully with nasty words. That was no PR stunt.

They pushed the 22 second delay button in the USA and here we had the feed live so did not miss any of the incident.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 12:40:03 AM by Mark T »

• Ran when parked
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2022, 12:47:30 AM »
Bully?  Chris Rock?   :)) :)) :))
boop/bop/beep

Offline Der Bugmeister

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2022, 04:32:45 AM »
I just can't believe how much bandwidth is being wasted on this.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2022, 06:29:16 AM »
I just can't believe how much bandwidth is being wasted on this.

I am not surprised at all, it sells, at least until next big thng happens

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2022, 07:58:11 AM »
Who really gives a crap what goes on in Fakeville anymore. I could care less what happens to either of them.

Amen a million times, and highlights the problem with today's culture.

People hung up on meanless bullshit. I don't watch any of this crap, watching the grass growing is more interesting & rewarding.
Carry on
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2022, 01:46:04 PM »
Slap? Come on, what grown man, or even teen age boy slaps an adversary? Bunch a sissies.

If you are gonna trade hands get after it like a man.
Rich

Offline Mark T

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2022, 05:18:04 PM »
So who won what? This has taken over from what should be the best film to see.

Offline walrus

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2022, 04:47:14 AM »
Not sure how these guys are has beens. He just won the biggest award an actor can get. The other guy is getting 1000 bucks for front row seats to a stand up show.

If you watch the replay Smith is laughing right before he slaps Rock and right after he slaps Rock. Its all staged

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2022, 05:01:32 AM »
Gotta agree on being staged, no additional angle camera shots that I have seen

Regardless,  they got the publicity

Offline slip knot

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2022, 08:00:49 AM »
And that’s it. Made up drama to get publicity. The publics been had again. Really easy to spoof the idiots who adore Hollywood. For some reason the fake drama just pisses me off. I guess when you deal with real life every day and don’t live in a fairytale world drama just clutters up things. I got zero need for the drama. Real or otherwise. And less need for the hucksters that push it.