Author Topic: What Happens if Elon Musk Buys Twitter  (Read 2452 times)

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
What Happens if Elon Musk Buys Twitter
« on: April 01, 2022, 09:13:30 PM »
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
Re: What Happens if Elon Musk Buys Twitter
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 09:34:05 PM »
 I'd love to see that.  While I wouldn't necessarily call Musk a conservative, he does seem to have a lot of common sense and a real libertarian way of thinking.  Really liked how he moved some of his business from California to Texas.
boop/bop/beep

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2022, 06:32:44 AM »
If that were to happen,  it would be the next us vs them controversy that would be the hot debate until it gets overshadowed by the following us vs them controversy, etc.

Would it really change anything in the big picture?

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2022, 07:03:20 AM »
I'd love to see that.  While I wouldn't necessarily call Musk a conservative, he does seem to have a lot of common sense and a real libertarian way of thinking.  Really liked how he moved some of his business from California to Texas.

Common sense is all I ask for ............... :-\ from anyone, and especially from the GOV.

The idea of buying an established gossip site is the perfect solution. He could go in with a big broom and clean it up. Of course, some code rewrites for the Twitter application (filters) would be included.  Yes, I would sign up if that were to happen, just to have presents.

Time will tell

Trump's Truth social app is having start-up problems. I've tried many times to set up an account. Finally called it a day, reason could be internal. He's srounded with plenty of backstabbers. That seem to take the Trump train, then make some fast cash. Become turncoats and forgetting how they got where they ended up, in play frustrating the start up?

You may or may not have seen the latest BS about the gap is some tapes that was floating abound last week? News flash CNN announced it was a hoax, hell just a HS grad I am, knew that. That has to be CNNs only true and worthy report made for the last 20 years, must be a bitter pill LMAO

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2022, 07:26:58 PM »
New York (CNN Business)Elon Musk recently purchased 9.2% of Twitter stock, according to a filing Monday, making him the largest shareholder in the company.
News of the purchase sent shares of Twitter (TWTR) soaring 22% in early trading. Musk did not disclose what he paid for the shares, but his stake was worth $2.9 billion as of the close of trading Friday, and $3.5 billion after the spike early Monday.
Musk's filing did not disclose the purpose of the purchase or any plans for the company. But he has been a high-profile critic of Twitter policies in the past. Last month he said he was giving "serious thought" to creating a new social media platform.

Offline walrus

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2022, 04:57:38 AM »
Anyone who thinks Musk is buying shares of Twitter for any other reason besides helping Musk is crazy

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2022, 07:43:57 AM »
Anyone who thinks Musk is buying shares of Twitter for any other reason besides helping Musk is crazy

Good point Walrus.  There is always an end gamed.  Perhaps we will get lucky and see some benefit along with Musk getting what he wants

• Ran when parked
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2022, 02:45:58 PM »

Of course.  He'd be dumb not to.
boop/bop/beep

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2022, 06:53:27 PM »
Im fine with it. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2022, 08:03:49 PM »
Im fine with it. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Exactly....

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2022, 02:30:55 PM »
Hello !!!!

Twitter accepts Elon Musk’s buyout deal :08:

This this is gona be good to watch. The man walks the talk, I bet poopy goldburg is shitting her pants right now

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
What Happens if Elon Musk Buys Twitter
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2022, 03:23:22 PM »
I just saw a news feed that had some leading progressive left leaning social media “influencers” comparing Musk’s Twitter purchase to a “return to the Jim Crow era”.

Man are these people totally over the top in their Anti-Musk mania. Unbelievable!! Haven’t seen this kind of reaction from the left since Pres. Trump was elected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 03:27:10 PM by goodfellow »

Offline highland512

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2022, 03:54:15 PM »
Does this mean I will get my diet of mean tweets at 1:00 am again? I hope so.

Musk has bought twitter at $54.20. He will take it privet, revive it and get the big name posters back (if they will come back) like Trump, Alex Jones, a others at the other end of the spectrum. This will bring the users back and increase traffic. Maybe he puts the good stuff behind a pay wall? Maybe if Trump wins reelection it will bring on even more users.

But like walrus stated, Musk see an opportunity to make a profit. In a way I think Elon is looking at this much like a redneck looks at a 1996 mustang gt in auto trader. I will by this thing and have fun with it while I fix it up alittle then sell it and at least get my money back.   

• Ran when parked
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2022, 04:24:54 PM »
I just saw a news feed that had some leading progressive left leaning social media “influencers” comparing Musk’s Twitter purchase to a “return to the Jim Crow era”.

Man are these people totally over the top in their Anti-Musk mania. Unbelievable!! Haven’t seen this kind of reaction from the left since Pres. Trump was elected.

They obviously think Musk is a Republican... because we're all white supremacists.   :D
boop/bop/beep

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2022, 08:48:25 PM »
It will be interesting, I  may even log on for the first time

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2022, 06:37:23 AM »
Found this pretty funny

Twitter will be going through some changes in the coming weeks as it transitions from a thought police enforcement zone to an actual social media platform. One big change will be the removal of employees who don't understand the difference between disagreement and hate speech. But don't worry! We see you and we hear you, former Twitter employees!

Here are some new jobs that fit your expansive skillset:

1) White House Press Secretary: Wow! What a prestigious position! Too bad there can be only one. You'll have to fight it out with your several hundred colleagues for this one.

2) Person who dresses up as the Easter Bunny to secretly run the country: What little boy, girl, or non-binary "they" hasn't dreamed of growing up to be a shadow president in an uncomfortable costume?

3) North Korean General: This job is just so perfect for you.

4) Jr. Pronoun Enforcer at your local middle school: Sorry, no internet anonymity this time. You'll have to call MAGA hat-wearing Suzy Mayworth a gender racist to her face.

5) The person at Pfizer who pays test subjects to keep quiet: Meet interesting people with strange and exotic new mutations!

6) Elite Hacker for Chinese State Media: It's a full-time job deleting pictures of Tiananmen Square from the Internet. Job security! Nice!

7) Cashier for the CNN+ "Going Out Of Business Extravaganza!": This is a temporary position.

8) Chief of Staff to the Vice President: Also a temporary position.

9) Disney Groomer: You're probably already doing this for free. Why not get paid?

10) Clown: Be the Bozo you were born to be!

11) Tesla Parking Attendant at Twitter HQ: The new Twitter overlord is most merciful.

12) Chinese Movie Editing: It's like normal movie editing but you cut out all the LGBT content from Hollywood films. It's censorship in the other direction. You got this!

Or just go work at Google I guess.