Author Topic: Pawnie finds: 4-10-22  (Read 1130 times)

Offline bonneyman

Pawnie finds: 4-10-22
« on: April 10, 2022, 12:49:00 PM »
A compilation of two sales.
An old freon hose for the vintage manifold (one down, two to go), a bathroom sink drain kit, a sink sprayer, and a husky 1/2" nipple remover.
Then a Thorsen 77 3/8" ratchet, and Snappy wrench 1/2x9/16 old style, a Megapro multi-tip screwdriver, and another Chicago Specialty tool. An aluminum coping saw. Plus an SK 6" extension and  promotion belt clip screw bit driver. .
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 01:08:57 PM by bonneyman »

Offline slip knot

Re: Pawnie finds: 4-10-22
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 01:18:02 PM »
I have a hard time leaving a 1/2X9/16 DBE behind too.  :bravo_2:

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 03:00:28 PM »
I just gotta ask, did you actually want that blue pocket bit driver ?
I've had a handful of those things and always considered them a relatively worthless thing because they're so cheaply made.
Maybe the blue ones are better than the yellow ones I had ?
Always lookin' to learn

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2022, 07:13:23 PM »
I just gotta ask, did you actually want that blue pocket bit driver ?
I've had a handful of those things and always considered them a relatively worthless thing because they're so cheaply made.
Maybe the blue ones are better than the yellow ones I had ?

Yeah, after I got it home and cleaned a little I saw how flexible it was. But it was full of cheap bits so no loss.  :lol_hitting:

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2022, 08:17:37 AM »
looks like a good haul.

i have one of those pocket bit driver/holder.  the difference being is that mine is quite old, probably the original version and is branded witte if i recall. it is filled with very good bits and is good quality. like many things, someone cheapened it and ruined the reputation to point that people just assume they are all junk,
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2022, 09:54:30 AM »
Had a great afternoon yesterday cleaning and readying several tools for work.

The Thorsen rat got diassembled, cleaned, and reassembled. Total teardown, lost the pawn spring and had to make a new one. Put heat shrink tubing on the handle and its ready to go.
The kitchen sink sprayer got attached to a garden hose adaptor and will be used to water my new garden once the plants get above 2 inches high. Alot less pressure than a garden hose nozzle, and alot easier to direct the water and avoid waste.
The saw got wire brushed and cleaned. Stored with my growing collection of Chicago Specialties tools.
The sink drain activator kit found its place in the box of spare bathroom fittings and spare parts.
The Megapro driver got scrubbed and cleaned, and the bit de-rusted.
The Snappy wrench got thoroughly cleaned, the broached dental picked and scrubbed, and chrome polish overall. It's a DBE 6 point (not a fan) but is Flank Drive so should work well on older American made bicycles.

Not a part of the lot, but I have several pump sprayers. One I use regularly developed a corrosion pin-hole in the metal sprayer handle. Swapped out a complete brass one I had in storage, and the connection fitting had worn out fiber washers. Didn't want to pay $17 for a "rebuild" kit from the OEM which didn't seem to have those two washers. (I have a stash of the 2 or 3 different rubber check valves that my various sprayers use, so, I'm set for those). Some time at Ace Hardware going thru bins I found some that could be modified to work. Spent some time with the dremel, got those brass fittings cleaned and polished, and adapted the washer to fit. next time I do a rebuild I'll have the connections fittings ready to go.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 09:58:56 AM by bonneyman »