Author Topic: Another of the poor decisions of the go woke types  (Read 1166 times)

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
Another of the poor decisions of the go woke types
« on: May 13, 2022, 09:31:15 AM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/12/gm-shares-hit-new-52-week-low-following-wells-fargo-downgrade.html

When you spout off your plans for vehicles buyers aren't going to buy and/or can't afford to buy, this is what happens. I know the govt bankrolled em through the difficult times so they are bound to owe some back. That will be hard When they go broke.

I've bought GM vehicles almost my entire vehicle owning time. Last one was a different brand. And there aren't any plans for the next one to be GM either. Sad.
Rich

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
Re: Another of the poor decisions of the go woke types
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 10:16:49 AM »
my wife just picked up the gm vehicle she ordered last year. damn nice vehicle. time will tell how it is but i have had good luck with gm and will continue with them until something changes. gm isn't the only company with too many woke people. they all have them and a lot of it because they are forced to.

that article didn't speak real highly of ford either.  :34:

drive what you want. i have driven plenty of mopars, fords, toyotas,  even owned a few of them.  i still feel most at home in a gm. :49:
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 11:39:54 AM »
Not exclusively GM, but have been a consistent GM buyer for over four decades. The problem is that the current GM leadership will support whatever "woke" and politically correct policies the current administration decides to implement. It doesn't matter whether it's electric cars, energy policy, or a litany of current controversial social policies; GM supports the mob in power. Mary Barra is also on board with 24/7 tracking/surveillance of your vehicle. The technology exists, and the government wants to make it part and parcel of every new car sold. "Big Brother" is supported at the highest levels of GM management.

I recently told my wife that I will not purchase a new car in the coming years. I will look for a used well maintained less technical platform from GM, Ford, or Toyota.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 11:43:43 AM »
I couldn't imagine buying a newer GM vehicle unless I got a screaming deal on a Chevy or GMC truck.  GM has always been their own worst enemy.
boop/bop/beep

Offline slip knot

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2022, 11:57:40 AM »
That sounds terribly familiar to last time. I lost a ton of money in GM stock. Screw them. Let them go under this time. I知 not buying another GM again. My last new ones have been Dodge and Fords.

I actually made a little money on Ford during the last debacle. Buy it at $2 and sell it at $7. Doubt I値l try that again. Not in this business climate of wokeness

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2022, 12:40:17 PM »
I知 afraid that tracking automobiles and trucks 24/7 is going to be implemented very shortly. The federal fuel tax that supports highway construction is falling short as more cars/ trucks are going electric. Uncle Sam needs the taxes for maintaining infrastructure and tracking your mileage is the only way to make it feasible across the wide spectrum of alternative fuel vehicles. We値l be paying for miles traveled and get a monthly statement to that effect.

The problem is that besides mileage, what else are they going to track in the process, and how are they going to use that data?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline highland512

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2022, 01:04:14 PM »
I知 afraid that tracking automobiles and trucks 24/7 is going to be implemented very shortly. The federal fuel tax that supports highway construction is falling short as more cars/ trucks are going electric. Uncle Sam needs the taxes for maintaining infrastructure and tracking your mileage is the only way to make it feasible across the wide spectrum of alternative fuel vehicles. We値l be paying for miles traveled and get a monthly statement to that effect.

The problem is that besides mileage, what else are they going to track in the process, and how are they going to use that data?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tax your ass into oblivion during the hours, miles they let you drive and/or route they allow you to take.