TOOLS AND THE SHOP > MECHANIC HAND TOOLS WE USE

RHFT switches directions

(1/4) > >>

wantedabiggergarage:
I have an old 1/4" RHFT KD ratchet (like the Craftsman but with the knurled handle), that changes directions.  Never had one of these do this before, never had to take one apart (part of why I have always liked them, more durable then the normal Craftsman ratchet, love the spinner for tight spaces), and since I don't see rebuild kits...........

Any idea why it is doing it?  Something I can take apart and fix with lube, or is it done at this point?
Anything particular to watch out for with these?
Right now that toolbox has two ratchets in it, in its place.  An Oxwall I won years back and something like a Duralast, that was bought due to needing to one handed change directions under a dash, when it started doing it on its own.

Thanks

wantedabiggergarage:
I took it apart tonight, and the guts are good, but the frame has flat spots.  Guess it is time for a Wright 1/4" ratchet.

fatfillup:
I always clean and lube and put back together and hope for the best

skfarmer:

--- Quote from: wantedabiggergarage on November 13, 2022, 09:19:15 PM ---I took it apart tonight, and the guts are good, but the frame has flat spots.  Guess it is time for a Wright 1/4" ratchet.

--- End quote ---

flat spots? i would have to look but i may have some parts for one of them.

wantedabiggergarage:

--- Quote from: skfarmer on November 14, 2022, 09:24:17 AM ---
--- Quote from: wantedabiggergarage on November 13, 2022, 09:19:15 PM ---I took it apart tonight, and the guts are good, but the frame has flat spots.  Guess it is time for a Wright 1/4" ratchet.

--- End quote ---

flat spots? i would have to look but i may have some parts for one of them.

--- End quote ---

Yes, the teeth are off of almost a half of the ratchet.  Guess the excuse I have been looking for, for another Wright ratchet.  (only had the 3/8 in a 1/4" body)
I will keep the gear for my Craftsman, home box.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version