TOOLS AND THE SHOP > MECHANIC HAND TOOLS WE USE

Blast from the past

(1/7) > >>

highland512:
A few weeks ago I picked a beater to drive back and forth to work. I had to fix a few things and it’s been pretty reliable but I still wanted a basic kit to carry behind the seat. Not wanting to unload my main truck I hit the local pawn shops and found this gem for $35.

The only thing it’s missing is a 3/8 deep 14mm and had some extra extensions. All USA made v series ratchets and G1 series sockets. I added some standard and mm wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, and a hammer to a old dewalt bag. Now I cruise in my clunker with peace of mind and grin on my face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skfarmer:
35 bucks?

thief........

ha, i was a late adopter of cman tools. never had em growing up and discovered them later. i know some like the old stuff and for sure the old ratchets were better than the last production. sockets and wrenches. the later sockets with off corner engagement were and absolute bargain. wrenches with off corner engagement and milled beams were also excellent value.

bonneyman:
Hey highland, I might have a deep 14mm in 3/8" drive. I went on a acquisition kick 2 years ago, grabbing any G code Craftsman metric sockets I could find as I saw supplies drying up after Sears went under. (I felt G-code sockets were a solid code, nothing later did I grab). Got some duplicates - I might have a 14mm. 6 or 12 pt. preference?

goodfellow:
What a great find -- Congrats! It pays to scrounge sometimes. That is a great set for $35.

jabberwoki:
Yeah that's a good buy for sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version