Author Topic: You think your mill is big?  (Read 1199 times)

Offline jabberwoki

Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: You think your mill is big?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2023, 05:21:21 PM »
I'm a fan of that channel. A one man operation and he nails it with his attitude and expertise. That young man will go far --

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2023, 07:31:01 PM »
Is that Greyson's?   :))
boop/bop/beep

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 09:44:24 AM »
Probably a great machine, but that old girl appears to has seen a lot of use in a production shop for some years and likely seen thousands of parts cross that table. The machine also looks to me like it spent  quite some time decommissioned and in storage.  That said, such a machine is probably still capable of doing alot of good work with a high degree of accuracy and holding tight tolerances.
It was likely taken out of service in a high volume shop and replaced with a new machine that could produce more parts faster. Or, perhaps while the machine still did accurate work it was requiring more frequent down time for maintenance and repairs which became unacceptable in a high volume production shop. Not to mention that the machine had likely been in service long enough that it had paid for itself on the books and depreciated enough to justify its retirement and replacement.

In a less high volume shop I bet that guy will get a lot of use from it and make great use of it.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline Rural53

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2023, 09:15:49 PM »
As soon as I saw the thread title I suspected it would be Curtis and co. I suspect we will soon be seeing them cutting a hole in the floor and pouring a new foundation for that machine.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2023, 03:10:27 PM »
As soon as I saw the thread title I suspected it would be Curtis and co. I suspect we will soon be seeing them cutting a hole in the floor and pouring a new foundation for that machine.

Absolutely if it is installed correctly.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2023, 08:55:36 PM »
I've been a follower of CEE for some time now. I'm not sure whats more entertaining, Some of the projects he does or some of the equipment he acquires. Very talented guy.

Offline muddy

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2023, 07:52:23 PM »
The guy does excellent work, love watching his videos.

Sent from my Twisted Mind Of The Mudman