Author Topic: Yep sure has.  (Read 1152 times)

Offline jabberwoki

Yep sure has.
« on: June 07, 2023, 06:12:08 PM »
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Yep sure has.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2023, 06:50:24 PM »
Back in the 1950s and 60s Marvel and DC Comics made mutants superheroes, but who would have ever guessed that the true future mutants would be this bunch  :-\
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 06:51:56 PM by goodfellow »

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 06:57:01 PM »
boop/bop/beep

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2023, 09:57:36 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/lia-thomas-upenn-teammate-speaks-says-university-wanted-us-be-quiet

Insanity on a whole new level.

No doubt about that.  I have moved more towards the center the last few years as I think neither extreme is good for the majority of the people but this transgender crap of men competing on women's teams is so ludicrous that it makes the left look even crazier. 

Can't wait till a white male business owner decides he feels like a woman and demands the extra 5% push minority contractors get on government bids.  Maybe its happened already 

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2023, 03:04:10 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/lia-thomas-upenn-teammate-speaks-says-university-wanted-us-be-quiet

No doubt about that.  I have moved more towards the center the last few years as I think neither extreme is good for the majority of the people but this transgender crap of men competing on women's teams is so ludicrous that it makes the left look even crazier. 

Can't wait till a white male business owner decides he feels like a woman and demands the extra 5% push minority contractors get on government bids.  Maybe its happened already

LOL, For me it has been the exact opposite! I have always been a Conservative, but the older I get the more Conservative I seem to get. The downside is that being totally honest my tolerance of the left grows less with each passing year!  :38:
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

• Ran when parked
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2023, 08:29:12 AM »

LOL, For me it has been the exact opposite! I have always been a Conservative, but the older I get the more Conservative I seem to get. The downside is that being totally honest my tolerance of the left grows less with each passing year!  :38:

This is where I'm at too.  Used to be I just kind of chuckled at leftist thought and how dumb and naive their philosophy was.  Now I realize how truly evil it is.  We've got a mentally incompetent president and a whole national press corps that makes excuses for him after spending four years telling us how bad the other guy was.  That debacle in Afghanistan two years ago shows how dangerous this idiot is.
boop/bop/beep

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2023, 07:28:55 AM »

"Dittos", a thoudand times, more Conservative simply means. We believe in one creator, 2 sexs and children should be, protected from strangers. Trying to enrich themselves, promoting perverted & sick cultures on socity.

Remember the first letters of the word CULTURE are CULT, speaks for itself.

@ Phil, surprised reading that post, what happen to your backbone? Lefty wearing you down cannot live in nutrual it's weak with no direction, or moral compass. 

My sister is that, on a jury and was unable to tell right from wrong, she in my book is pathetic. People must make up thier minds.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 07:38:35 AM by pep »
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2023, 02:19:27 PM »
Pep, tired of the fighting of the extremes.  Both extremes pull the same tactics, one is no better then the other.
Yes I tend towards the conservative side but no one in congress wants to get anything done.  They talk a good game but no one makes any progress.  And no one in congress wants to spend less money.  Yeah they say they do but show me the proof.  They don't have the stomach for real cuts, just cut the other guys piece so we can have more. 

Take immigration for instance.  For at least 30 years, immigration reform is needed.  Yet nothing happens.  The quota system for temp workers in no way solves the needs of employers who need seasonal help.  How hard can that be to fix, yet nothing changes. 

Trump tried to bully changes on immigration but where did that tactic lead to long term.  We are worse off now. You can say we just need to keep conservatives in power, but that never happens and won't.

To me it seems both sides want to exploit the immigrants.  The Right for cheap labor and the left for votes. 

I do agree we have one Creator, that there are only 2 sexes and children should be protected.  And I maintain that most folks agree with that, even folks left of center.  Its only the far left that is pushing that agenda.

As to does the left have any good ideas.  I will promote this thought.  Prior to mainstreaming mentally challenged students into regular classes, they were basically put in the basement in a class of similar children and forgotten about.  The rest of the student population didn't interact with them and more or less made fun of them.  Now go a graduation ceremony and when the challenged student crosses the stage, the other grads erupt in cheers. They have learned they are people and have value.  That would never happen in the past.

I truly have lost interest in politics, its all a shell game that gets people riled up and fighting against each other.  Not much

different then click bait tactics used by advertisers on the net. 

The only way I see any change for the better is a third party that would attract the 50 to 60% of the people that aren't hard right or hard left.  Then sane discussions could be held and progress made that lifts all people.  I hold no hope for that.

You can say I lost my spine but I am just keeping my sanity instead of fighting a fight that has no end and no winner.

• Ran when parked
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2023, 07:59:36 PM »
Pep, tired of the fighting of the extremes.  Both extremes pull the same tactics, one is no better then the other.

Generally I see your points, but what I highlighted is dangerous thinking.  One side is absolutely better than the other.  One side is trying to encourage your child to change their gender through surgical procedures that can't be reversed, welcome boys and men into your daughter's bathrooms and locker rooms, stop prosecuting criminals and let them commit crimes with no repercussions, let anyone that wants to in the country and give them as much of your tax dollars as possible, etc. 

In a few years, they'll be taking serious steps to normalize pedophilia.  It's coming.
boop/bop/beep

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2023, 08:17:21 PM »

Generally I see your points, but what I highlighted is dangerous thinking.  One side is absolutely better than the other.  One side is trying to encourage your child to change their gender through surgical procedures that can't be reversed, welcome boys and men into your daughter's bathrooms and locker rooms, stop prosecuting criminals and let them commit crimes with no repercussions, let anyone that wants to in the country and give them as much of your tax dollars as possible, etc. 

In a few years, they'll be taking serious steps to normalize pedophilia.  It's coming.

Agreed.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2023, 09:30:51 PM »
Our political system in DC is broken beyond repair. We're way past the point of an election fixing what ails this country. This is where I agree with Phil. Neither party, Red or Blue give a crap about the workaday American. They tell us what we want to hear on the campaign trail and vote their bank account when they get back to DC.
That shit stain Cornyn that reps Texas in the Senate actually voted against the state GOP party platform and they didn't even censure him. And the dumbass' in Texas will vote that shit stain back in again next election because he's the "conservative" candidate. BS.

I'm ready to bring back the tar and feathers. But I doubt we could find enough to coat all the crooked poilitcos in power.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2023, 07:36:44 PM »

Generally I see your points, but what I highlighted is dangerous thinking.  One side is absolutely better than the other. 

You are correct in that regard.  My point is that I don't think either extreme is good for the country and both use the same divisive and half truth tactics to sway folks. 

I am just tired of the game that never ends with no results