Author Topic: Vintage Photo Of The Day  (Read 276099 times)

Offline muddy

Re: Vintage Photo Of The Day
« Reply #1125 on: May 14, 2022, 08:40:17 PM »

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline muddy

« Reply #1126 on: May 18, 2022, 07:39:06 PM »

Offline john k

« Reply #1127 on: May 18, 2022, 10:05:15 PM »
If I was younger and had a few thousand extra,  would build a 2 bay Texaco station just like that, put it out back of the machine shed.   Full concrete apron, 2 pumps, a 4 post drive on hoist, and a 2 post hoist.  Restroom, bunch of old gas station signs.  Sit in there and have somebody drive over the hose, "ding-ding". 

Offline stokester

• Air-cooled!
« Reply #1128 on: May 19, 2022, 05:18:16 AM »
If I was younger and had a few thousand extra,  would build a 2 bay Texaco station just like that, put it out back of the machine shed.   Full concrete apron, 2 pumps, a 4 post drive on hoist, and a 2 post hoist.  Restroom, bunch of old gas station signs.  Sit in there and have somebody drive over the hose, "ding-ding".
"You can trust your car to the man who wears the star"
Nick
Yorktown, VA

Offline muddy

« Reply #1129 on: May 19, 2022, 05:27:42 AM »
Few thousand? More like few million in this day and age.

Offline john k

« Reply #1130 on: May 19, 2022, 08:49:20 AM »
Right,,,   40 x 70 concrete block building, +20k for concrete work.  10k for tire machine and balancer.   Place to put my air powered grease cannister, 80-90 tank, and my 2 hand crank oil dispensers,  tin Firestone and B.F.Goodrich signs, hang up the old V-Belt hangers with some dry belts,  enough of the good rubber smell for atmosphere.  Find a big Aamco brake lathe.  Paint the curbs and islands red.  2 1950s pumps, restored, working, about 3 k each.  Be a fun way to burn up the extra cash, that I dont have anyway.  Oh, a tall, red Coca-Cola machine,  Right?  And the insurance for such a gem!    Had thoughts once of getting one of the vintage stations in a town but they got removed soon as the signs came down,  city council has to have to it all look pretty, ya know. 

Offline muddy

« Reply #1131 on: May 20, 2022, 09:42:32 PM »

Offline muddy

« Reply #1132 on: May 26, 2022, 10:10:35 PM »

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #1133 on: May 27, 2022, 10:48:24 AM »
Wouldn't you love one of those old Shell signs for the shop.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1134 on: May 27, 2022, 03:08:10 PM »
Wouldn't you love one of those old Shell signs for the shop.

absolutely! Any vintage sign like that would be the cats a$$ in any shop.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #1135 on: May 27, 2022, 04:16:18 PM »
Right,,,   40 x 70 concrete block building, +20k for concrete work.  10k for tire machine and balancer.   Place to put my air powered grease cannister, 80-90 tank, and my 2 hand crank oil dispensers,  tin Firestone and B.F.Goodrich signs, hang up the old V-Belt hangers with some dry belts,  enough of the good rubber smell for atmosphere.  Find a big Aamco brake lathe.  Paint the curbs and islands red.  2 1950s pumps, restored, working, about 3 k each.  Be a fun way to burn up the extra cash, that I dont have anyway.  Oh, a tall, red Coca-Cola machine,  Right?  And the insurance for such a gem!    Had thoughts once of getting one of the vintage stations in a town but they got removed soon as the signs came down,  city council has to have to it all look pretty, ya know.

The curbs and islands were white, I painted them enough. :banghead:

Offline muddy

« Reply #1136 on: May 27, 2022, 09:15:01 PM »

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #1137 on: May 28, 2022, 11:45:25 AM »
Yeah i wouldn't get under that bus either , looks unstable to me?
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline slip knot

« Reply #1138 on: May 28, 2022, 08:36:23 PM »
Yeah i wouldn't get under that bus either , looks unstable to me?
He still raising it. Thats where the controls were. Those were pretty cool lifts. That one looks like it grabbed the axles to lift it. There is a track in the floor that runs the rear lift forward and backwards to get under the axle. Had one at the stealership I worked at back in the 80s.

Offline john k

« Reply #1139 on: May 29, 2022, 09:18:11 AM »
Nice hoist, but took your full concentration, as one could get a vehicle going up at a 45 degree angle, very dangerous, the posts were controlled independant of one another.  Sure like all the new car pics, but they make one aware of the passage of time.