Author Topic: Any cigar smokers on the GG?  (Read 138924 times)

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
Re: Any cigar smokers on the GG?
« Reply #660 on: November 12, 2022, 07:30:39 PM »
Didn't fire either of those up but did this one tonight.

Cold for us at 41* so it was a nice end to the day for me. With a couple cold beers.
Rich

Offline muddy

« Reply #661 on: November 18, 2022, 08:41:43 PM »
A little bit of colonel America tonight.

An 18th century style redware pipe with Orlick Golden slice. A Virginia-perique mix tobacco. As could have been found in the time

Enjoying with a porter beer which also would have been found in that time period.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #662 on: November 18, 2022, 08:48:55 PM »
That pipe reminds me of what I believe was an opium pipe, circa WWI. I found said pipe in my grand dad's foot locker after cleaning out my folks place after dad died and mom was moving.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline muddy

« Reply #663 on: November 21, 2022, 11:40:13 PM »
That pipe reminds me of what I believe was an opium pipe, circa WWI. I found said pipe in my grand dad's foot locker after cleaning out my folks place after dad died and mom was moving.
Could be.  opium was a common prescription for "shell shock" or what'd we call PTSD today.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #664 on: November 22, 2022, 06:13:10 AM »
Glad you enjoyed it Tim. It looks like a classic taste combo. I admit I know nothing about pipe tobacco, but every so often the aroma of a certain pipe blend will remind me of times long ago when I was a kid and the men in the family would sit around and enjoy their cigars and pipes after a family get-together. It's a very comforting feeling. Even 50-60 years after the fact it still makes a big impact.

Unfortunately I've been battling a major sinus infection and haven't enjoyed a good cigar in weeks. That will change come Thanksgiving day. I have some nicely aged Cubans I want to try.

Offline muddy

« Reply #665 on: November 23, 2022, 10:17:52 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it Tim. It looks like a classic taste combo. I admit I know nothing about pipe tobacco, but every so often the aroma of a certain pipe blend will remind me of times long ago when I was a kid and the men in the family would sit around and enjoy their cigars and pipes after a family get-together. It's a very comforting feeling. Even 50-60 years after the fact it still makes a big impact.

Unfortunately I've been battling a major sinus infection and haven't enjoyed a good cigar in weeks. That will change come Thanksgiving day. I have some nicely aged Cubans I want to try.
My grandfather would smoke his pipe, while I sat on his lap as a young boy, watching the baseball or football games.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #666 on: November 24, 2022, 12:09:34 PM »
Started the day with “The Sergeant” - beautiful cigar, and I was not aware how good these were. Full body and a rich Carmel note.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #667 on: November 26, 2022, 09:17:57 AM »
Got up early and made some breakfast and coffee, and watched an incredible sunrise enjoying a Knuckle Sandwich box pressed cigar. Bold spicy flavor for a morning smoke, but totally enjoyable for an early morning type like me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline muddy

« Reply #668 on: November 29, 2022, 06:41:49 PM »
Think you passed on your sinus and congestion! Spent Friday and Saturday lying down with flu like symptoms. Negative for COVID-19.

Hopefully cleared up by the weekend.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #669 on: November 29, 2022, 07:54:27 PM »
Think you passed on your sinus and congestion! Spent Friday and Saturday lying down with flu like symptoms. Negative for COVID-19.

I'm sorry Tim. I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself before the holidays really set in.
I had a very bad case, and was out of commission for several weeks. All I did was mope around the house and had zero energy.
That said, I'm slowly starting to enjoy a cigar again -- just in time for Christmas.

Offline muddy

« Reply #670 on: December 01, 2022, 07:03:02 PM »

I'm sorry Tim. I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself before the holidays really set in.
I had a very bad case, and was out of commission for several weeks. All I did was mope around the house and had zero energy.
That said, I'm slowly starting to enjoy a cigar again -- just in time for Christmas.
Feeling better. Just a bit of a cough. The kids got the cough as well which makes me feel worse then being sick.

Offline muddy

« Reply #671 on: December 06, 2022, 08:55:38 PM »
J M Boswell's Bear Blend for corn cob Tuesday.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #672 on: December 06, 2022, 09:56:13 PM »
Perfect smoke for a blustery Dec. evening. 

Offline muddy

« Reply #673 on: December 10, 2022, 08:44:26 PM »
Brick House, with a nice sherry. Watching the Sherlock Holmes series with Jeremy Brett as Holmes. I prefer Jeremy over Basil Rathbone (who's a close second.)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #674 on: December 10, 2022, 09:12:56 PM »
Brick House, with a nice sherry. Watching the Sherlock Holmes series with Jeremy Brett as Holmes. I prefer Jeremy over Basil Rathbone (who's a close second.)

Sounds like a great evening Tim. The Brickhouse is a represented in my humidor as well. I contemplated smoking a cigar this morning, but the cold weather got to me and I was too cozy inside with my coffee.

I always enjoyed the Basil Rathbone character mainly because he was paired with Nigel Bruce as Dr. Watson. Bruce was the perfect complement to Rathbone.