Author Topic: A cool piece crown logo Craftsman goodness.  (Read 1724 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

A cool piece crown logo Craftsman goodness.
« on: October 15, 2019, 07:43:21 PM »
Scored this little bugger off the bay last week for a few bucks and it arrived today, I saw it and instantly had to have it.

This little tie clip knife was made by imperial, and yes it's a real knife that came surprisingly sharp.
Imperial used a great easy sharpen steel that I could easily bring to shaving sharp if I felt the need.

If I wear a tie it's a bolo tie on Christmas, so I just clipped it to my shirt.
I've got an older imperial keychain knife which hangs around my neck that this is based on and while it was not very sharp it was easy to get there.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: A cool piece crown logo Craftsman goodness.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 07:52:10 PM »
Quite a nice piece of Craftsman cutlery history. I still have tie clips from my office days back in the 70's and 80's. After about 1990 tie clips pretty much faded away among younger folks. Tie bars on the other hand held on for quite a while. In fact I was astonished quite recently to see a millennial who sported a classic tie bar. He looked dapper -- very nice.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 07:56:18 PM »
I found it very fitting that Imperial would manufacture this Crown logo knife considering the crown I the longest running version of the imperial stamp with the crown over the second eye.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline muddy

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 07:57:07 PM »
Very neat find!

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman