Author Topic: Automatic nut grabber  (Read 4321 times)

Offline Tool Pants

Automatic nut grabber
« on: December 26, 2019, 06:43:22 PM »
A few years ago I saw this John Deere at the local flea.  I didn't know what it was - perhaps to tighten coax connectors.  But thanks to a smart phone and google, it was to trim nose hair.  John Deere branded stuff goes for a lot.  When I looked it up back then, I think it came back to as made by Stanley.  Think I paid $3.

Years later I see a Craftsman version.  It looked old but in good shape.  Another nose hair trimmer.  $2.  Much bigger than the Deere.

Offline DeadNutz

Re: Automatic nut grabber
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 11:30:54 PM »
Thanks for posting those. Never have seen those before.

Offline Tool Pants

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 04:15:33 PM »
Forgot the Channellock flavor.  No need to buy expensive sockets and wrenches.  These 3 tools can do it all.

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 04:58:05 PM »
Sometimes these specialty tools earn their keep with just one use. I have that Cman version, and used it one time (probably just to see if it works) in a spot where I really didn't need it. My point being, tools like a screwdriver with a self holding tip (and there are several types), got me through in a real pinch last week in an upside down screw application, where I need to use my my non-dominant hand to start the process in a near blind situation. Other than a separate trip to the attic, it brought me great joy to use a tool for it's (rarely) intended purpose.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 05:42:12 PM »
Automatic nut grabber?  :-\
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline ron350

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2019, 11:49:05 PM »
Tool Pants what is the size range of the Craftsman 941991?

Those are new to me also I learn something new on here all the time.

Offline Tool Pants

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2019, 12:02:40 PM »
Google images found the Craftsman packaging.  Size 1/4" - 7/16".  Has the I-circle so it was made by Parker Manufacturing in Worcester.  According to the net Parker made small hand tools and saw blades, and was a Sears supplier for many years.  Then in the mid 1980s Sears did not place an order with Parker and the company almost folded, just to be purchased by Stanley.  Tools were then marketed as Parker-Stanley.  I sort of remember a Parker-Stanley stapler and pop rivet gun.

As an aside. an owner of Parker had a screw holding screwdriver patent.  I have one of those branded Craftsman, and it has the I-circle.

Found a picture of the Stanley flavor of the Deere, and my memory was correct that it was made by Stanley.  I also have a Stanley screwdriver with the same handle. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 01:27:17 PM by Tool Pants »

Offline ron350

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2019, 12:15:32 PM »
Thanks Tool Pants good pictures.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2019, 03:16:01 PM »
I think I had one but the grip wasn't that strong. Maybe screw starter jobs, but that's it.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2019, 11:04:19 AM »
Google images found the Craftsman packaging.  Size 1/4" - 7/16".  Has the I-circle so it was made by Parker Manufacturing in Worcester.  According to the net Parker made small hand tools and saw blades, and was a Sears supplier for many years.  Then in the mid 1980s Sears did not place an order with Parker and the company almost folded, just to be purchased by Stanley.  Tools were then marketed as Parker-Stanley.  I sort of remember a Parker-Stanley stapler and pop rivet gun.

As an aside. an owner of Parker had a screw holding screwdriver patent.  I have one of those branded Craftsman, and it has the I-circle.

Found a picture of the Stanley flavor of the Deere, and my memory was correct that it was made by Stanley.  I also have a Stanley screwdriver with the same handle.
I always liked that Stanley 100+ /  Stanley professional / Blackhawk screwdriver  handle.
The shape feels good, and the handles always seem appropriately sized on everyone I've handled.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Tool Pants

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2019, 05:25:34 PM »
Maybe this should be a one-size-fits all nut driver topic.  Only sold on Father's Day.  As seen on TV.

I thought pictures of my Gator Grip socket would make great content, but I can't find it.  Think I loaned it out to one of you guys.  So if you have a Gator Grip and will admit to it, display it in all it's glory.

The Klein Swiss Army Knife I bought at the flea a few months ago.  I laughed when I saw it.  Huge.  Think it is made in a country that starts with the letter T.  Klein use to say all their stuff was made in the USA.

Did I say it is huge?  Bigger than a baseball handle.  You need 2 hands for this beauty.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 05:40:45 PM by Tool Pants »

Offline Jwitt

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2020, 02:15:15 PM »
The grand daddy.