Author Topic: vintage snapon cabinet /industrial or military. - $100 CL AD  (Read 5663 times)

Offline ken w.

Offline snapmom

Re: vintage snapon cabinet /industrial or military. - $100 CL AD
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 08:09:02 PM »
Could be either one.  Probably early 40s.  100 is a good price,  needs repaint

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 08:29:57 PM »
Ken......................ken........................you know what i`m gunna say.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline snapmom

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 09:11:53 PM »
I think it had rollers,  at least some of them

Offline ken w.

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 10:21:16 PM »
I don't want this thing. I wasn't sure if it was a real SO or a fake.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 04:00:28 PM »
With the Snap on embossed in the drawer, I would think it has to be real.  Holds no interest for me either

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 06:30:52 PM »
Most of us can't buy it all and have limited room. That is what I am fighting right now, a bunch of stuff in my shop is going to be leaving, essentially all woodworking machines are on the block, all of them are heading to my nephew if he wants them. Now I am working against a short timeline too.

I MUST clear out enough stuff to get a 1946 Ford convertible and a 1930 Model A Coupe in that little two car garage in the next maybe three or four months. If the woodworking machines go I have good chance of pulling this off too. 
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 07:49:38 PM »
Build another shop buck?
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 08:19:10 PM »
Build another shop buck?

Ideally I would add on an additional two car to the existing two car, but sadly the funds are just not there. That does not change the fact there will be an immediate need for additional parts storage at a more modest price. The answer for me is going to be one of those portable sheds where they are built on skids, just drop it in place and you are god to go.

I found one local to me that is frame built, everything on the ground end is CCA the rest is stick built, 16" centers and tin skin. I can and will pay a bit more to have it fitted with a garage type rollup door. Shed size is 12' x 21' with 6' walls. Roughly $3,500 plus tax I am sure. I am no carpenter and will need this thing in maybe 3-4 months so I think it is about as good as I am going to find for the money. They will let you buy it on time too, finance anywhere from 3-6 years at less than $100 a month which is what I need. Remember, three kids, one a senior college bound next year, a boy 16 and a girl 14 years old so I am always stretched a bit thin.

I have actually been in one of these sheds and liked the construction very much. While I am not much of a carpenter I am good enough to know good construction from poor construction.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 12:26:11 AM »
Most of us can't buy it all and have limited room. That is what I am fighting right now, a bunch of stuff in my shop is going to be leaving, essentially all woodworking machines are on the block, all of them are heading to my nephew if he wants them. Now I am working against a short timeline too.

I MUST clear out enough stuff to get a 1946 Ford convertible and a 1930 Model A Coupe in that little two car garage in the next maybe three or four months. If the woodworking machines go I have good chance of pulling this off too.

Are you going to be storing those vehicles now instead of your father?  Not sure if that was the arrangement you had before?
boop/bop/beep