Author Topic: You go girl  (Read 149 times)

Offline jabberwoki

You go girl
« on: May 15, 2024, 06:40:23 PM »
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline fatfillup

Re: You go girl
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2024, 06:06:46 AM »
Love what she says but the condensending way she says it does nothing to sway the opposition or make progress.

Yep, both sides do it and you see how much changes

I am sick of the us verses them in politics as it brings us no good or change

Offline muddy

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2024, 10:39:42 PM »

Are you referring to one side vs the other or the people vs government?

Is it truly different then back in the day, or is it just that we the people get to see it more in news and media as opposed to when it was just newspaper and the 10 o clock news?

The older generation always says it was better back in their day. It seems that every generation did that. I find myself doing it already

Not trying to argue, just curious what things were like in the political seen back in the day.

Sent from my twisted mind of the mudman
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 10:41:46 PM by muddy »

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2024, 11:24:53 PM »
Love what she says but the condensending way she says it does nothing to sway the opposition or make progress.

Yep, both sides do it and you see how much changes

Well said, it`s so counter productive resulting in nothing getting done.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2024, 10:03:22 AM »

Are you referring to one side vs the other or the people vs government?

Is it truly different then back in the day, or is it just that we the people get to see it more in news and media as opposed to when it was just newspaper and the 10 o clock news?

Muddy, excellent questions.

I am mainly referring to the extreme right and extreme left who are controlling the narrative.  It's either you agree with me or you are an idiot not worthy of having an opinion.  And the name calling starts.  Both extremes are guilty.  I figure the extremes are like 15 % of either side and that leaves 70% somewhat in the middle and could likely work together to get some good things done. 

And you make a good point about instant and constant coverage and add in the media likes controversy and click bait and we have what we got. 

As to times past, no expert here but the parties used to work together more.  Plus the fringes were not given the clout they now have. 

Offline slip knot

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2024, 03:31:38 PM »
Another thing to consider is that the MSM is controlled by a small group of people who have an agenda to push. We're only getting the information that they want us to see.