Author Topic: Winchester Wildcat 22LR Rifle  (Read 3856 times)

Offline GNAP

Winchester Wildcat 22LR Rifle
« on: November 20, 2020, 12:05:54 PM »
About a year ago I got on the waiting list for the new Winchester Wildcat 22LR rifle, yesterday at 10 am, they call to ask if I was still interested, i scurried down and had it in my hot little hands, by 2 pm. It’s has an 18” barrel, a 4# weight, modular receiver design, and set me back with tax, about $260.

https://www.winchesterguns.com/products/rifles/Wildcat-22/Wildcat-22-Current-Products/wildcat-22.html

jack

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
Re: Winchester Wildcat 22LR Rifle
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 12:26:50 PM »
cool! i didn't know about it.

checked out the info. will that thing really accept a ruger 10/22 magazine? i know it shows the banana clips but if it accepts them it should take the factory ruger as well.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline GNAP

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 12:51:13 PM »
Yes, it works perfectly with the standard 10 shot (max allowed in NYS) 10/22 mag, the only difference is on the last shot, the Winchester mag holds the bolt open, to tell you the mag is empty, the 10/22 mag does not.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 12:58:52 PM by GNAP »
jack

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 02:23:46 PM »
Very nice rifle Jack -- congrats!

I'm more into old fashioned wood furniture rifles, but that's a nice design.

I also purchased a 22LR rifle this summer. Remington Model Five (AKA Zastava Z5/MP22) -- walnut stock. I paid a good price for it, and it's a little tack driver.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 08:14:35 AM by goodfellow »

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 03:06:41 PM »
Nice purchase for sure. Four pounds overall weight is nice.

I thought about getting a 22LR gun and then the ammo went ballistic (no pun intended) in price.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 03:17:49 PM »
Yes, it works perfectly with the standard 10 shot (max allowed in NYS) 10/22 mag, the only difference is on the last shot, the Winchester mag holds the bolt open, to tell you the mag is empty, the 10/22 mag does not.

that may very well be my next rifle. it would sit just right with all of our ruger variants that accept the rotary mag.

the 10/22 has been a cash cow for ruger for decades. too bad winchester finally took it up a notch rather than ruger.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2020, 03:29:27 PM »

that may very well be my next rifle. it would sit just right with all of our ruger variants that accept the rotary mag.

the 10/22 has been a cash cow for ruger for decades. too bad winchester finally took it up a notch rather than ruger.

Good point Harlan. Winchester upped the ante by thinking outside the box and improving on a classic design. I wish them all the best -- competition is good.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2020, 07:00:46 PM »
Threaded muzzle?

One of the pictures shows a can but it doesn't state a threaded muzzle anywhere. I was contemplating a 22 with a can for neighborhood pests but the election put the brakes on that idea.

Offline muddy

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2020, 11:34:50 PM »
Nice! I wasn't thinking that the rifle model was wildcat. I thought someone wildcated a 22lr round

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2020, 08:49:34 AM »
Threaded muzzle?

One of the pictures shows a can but it doesn't state a threaded muzzle anywhere. I was contemplating a 22 with a can for neighborhood pests but the election put the brakes on that idea.

Looks like they plan to offer one with a threaded muzzle.

https://www.winchesterguns.com/products/rifles/Wildcat-22/Wildcat-22-Current-Products/wildcat-22-sr.html

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2020, 09:21:54 AM »
Threaded muzzle?

Looks like they plan to offer one with a threaded muzzle.

https://www.winchesterguns.com/products/rifles/Wildcat-22/Wildcat-22-Current-Products/wildcat-22-sr.html

That is awesome -- they will sell as many as they can produce.

Offline john k

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2020, 10:30:15 PM »
That is a pretty decent looking rifle,  not all star warsy for a synthetic stock.    I dont usually look twice at guns with synthetic stocks, more of a traditionalist, but a tack driver of any sort is nothing to scoff at.  Glad you are happy with the new shooter.

Offline Rewind

• Howdy Folks!
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2020, 12:21:02 PM »
That's a sweeeeet rifle!!!! Congratulations!!
Hanging in, Hanging on, Hanging out!