Author Topic: Craftsman Long Panel Wrenches  (Read 5170 times)

Offline fatfillup

Re: Craftsman Long Panel Wrenches
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2020, 03:50:58 PM »
Had a farmer come in and buy about 8 15/16 wrenches.  Said lots of that size on tractors and implements.  Bought all the cheap ones and most of the ok USA made ones.  No snappys as the tend to get lost :))

Came across a 15/16 combo with one end broken after he left.  Whacked off the broken end and gave it to him the next time he was in.  Left some length but told him he might want to make a stubby out of it

Offline muddy

Re: Craftsman Long Panel Wrenches
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2020, 10:31:54 PM »
Muddy, take em to work and use em for a week or so. I mean like put your most used ones away.

Sometimes  you have to force yourself to use something to see if you like it or if it really is better. Habit tells you to use what you are used to. Putting them in the rotation for a while will quickly tell you the story.

I plan on doing this with some HF Icon ratchets. They compare them to snappy and that's what I use at work. Well see if they are up to the standards.

Yep, 11/16" not popular for cars, hugely popular on tractors.

Just about everything on the early ford tractors were 11/16. I’ve worn out many 11/16 sockets
Yep just like Toyota forklifts 12mm and 14mm and you can pretty much take the whole lift apart.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk