Author Topic: RUGER GETS MARLIN  (Read 7556 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: RUGER GETS MARLIN
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 08:23:04 PM »
That's actually good news.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 08:25:55 PM »
That's actually good news.

yup it is.

missed my chance to buy a ruger  96/22 years ago. maybe they will come back. :great:
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 08:30:43 PM »
I don't like Vista getting the ammo business. It'll just be them and Olin Winchester domestically if this is allowed to go thru'.

https://vistaoutdoor.com/brands/

Interesting aside Olin Winchester have been posting a lot of job openings lately........

Offline muddy

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 09:08:46 PM »
Yep. Remington wasn't doing them justice, they were also slowly killing themselves as well.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline bmwrd0

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 09:45:45 PM »
Well, we will see if the new products are as good as my 70's and 80's Marlins. Love those guns.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 11:08:49 PM »
Yes me too i have a stainless Marlin xlr in 45/70 with a longer mag. Made before the original take over I freakin love this gun.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline highland512

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2020, 08:18:09 AM »
There was a rumor that Palmetto State Armory was bidding on the ammo biz, that would have been interesting.
Glad to see Ruger got Marlin, Im curious to see what Vista does with Remington brand when it comes to firearms or did they just spend 81 million for ammo production. I would love to see the bushmaster brand come back, I always wanted one but never got around to it until it was to late.
Is it just me or does 155 million for the sale of Remington and its brands sound cheep?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 11:07:01 AM by highland512 »

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2020, 09:07:02 AM »
.......I would live to see the bushmaster brand come back, I always wanted one but never got around to it until it was to late.
Is it just me or does 155 million for the sale of Remington and its brands sound cheep?

Highland, the old Bushmaster is still in business. Windham Weaponry was founded by the previous Bushmaster owner (Richard Dyke) when he bought back his original Maine factory and hired many of the original Bushmaster employees. I have an older 90's Bushmaster AR15-A2, and rely on Windham to supply the parts. 

https://www.windhamweaponry.com/about-us/company-history/

Offline slip knot

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2020, 05:26:05 PM »
Good to see they didn't get sold out to a liquidator. I've always like my Marlins rifles, a Glenfield 60 still hangs at the back door. First gun I ever owned.

I was surprised that marlin hadn't jumped into the sub$500 rifle game that everyone is beating to death right now. seeing their name on a plastic stocked crappy optic rifle would have been a let down. but its probably coming.

The only good thing about those craptastic rifles is their cheap bases to mod up. I'm getting a savage axis 308 on friday. already have a match grade varmint taper barrel for it and a Boyd stock on order. be my next pig roller.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2020, 06:41:15 PM »
Pig roller.... firkin classic :08:
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline Davethorik

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2020, 05:42:31 PM »
I have a Marlin bolt action .22 mag, from original Marlin before Remlin. Freaking sweet little piece, and a tack driver. Interesting to hear Ruger owns them now.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2020, 06:15:12 PM »
I have a Marlin bolt action .22 mag, from original Marlin before Remlin. Freaking sweet little piece, and a tack driver. Interesting to hear Ruger owns them now.

Hopefully they can restore that brand to its former glory. The proprietary Marlin Microgroove rifling process made for some great budget tack driver rifles. I have several 22LR rifles; even some expensive ones in the bunch, but none of them are more accurate at 50 yards than my inexpensive 1970's vintage Model 60.

Offline highland512

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2020, 08:15:14 AM »

Hopefully they can restore that brand to its former glory. The proprietary Marlin Microgroove rifling process made for some great budget tack driver rifles. I have several 22LR rifles; even some expensive ones in the bunch, but none of them are more accurate at 50 yards than my inexpensive 1970's vintage Model 60.

I have a 336w 30-30 I bought from a guy needing cash, I wasn't sure about the micro rifling at first but it has proved to be accurate. There are no longer 3 ground hogs behind my house that are witness to that. 

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2020, 08:56:04 AM »
adjusted their thermostat to room temperature now did ya? :violent-smiley-007:
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!