Author Topic: Battery Ratchet  (Read 2428 times)

Offline Heiny57

Battery Ratchet
« on: June 04, 2019, 06:52:35 PM »
Does anyone here use or know anything about battery ratchets. I haven’t had much to wrench on for awhile and now that I do these things look like real time savers. And knuckle savers.
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline hofferwood

• It's all good
Re: Battery Ratchet
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 07:31:31 PM »
My son has the 1/4" and 3/8" ----same brand.
He had just gotten them the last time I went to his place to work on my brothers Jeep.
I didn't use either one----------------sorry Bob----no help-----as usual---- ::)
But they looked cool.  ;D

I'll call him and ask how he likes them, how long a charge lasts----yada yada.
If it aint broke----fix it till it is-----there's nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 08:13:34 PM »
Thanks Chuck, the Milwaukee’s seem to be the standard. They outperform Snap on, and I can afford the Horrible Frights version.   :))
MAGA

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 08:29:33 AM »
My son ordered a 3/8 drive Chinese ratchet off amazon with an advertised 35 ft pounds of torque. It came with 2 batteries and charger with a blow mold case and some sockets for $69 bucks. neither of us had high expectations. I used it to take some rusted brackets off my mini and remove my seats and reinstall. It had no trouble breaking the bolts and nuts loose and it does speed up removing long bolts. I am somewhat impressed with it being so cheap, we will see if it holds up. I may buy a larger one and share tools with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MAGA

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2019, 10:40:44 AM »
at that price -- even if it breaks in a year or two, you can just consider it disposable. I still use 1/4" drive air tools, but these ratchets are starting to become "a thing". I see them used more and more in pro shops, and the air tool is reserved for the huge "nut busters".

Offline Conductor562

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2019, 10:47:18 AM »
I’ve got a 3/8” Mac version. Extremely handy when you have a lot of bolts to turn. I use it a lot for assembly/disassembly.

Offline walrus

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2019, 12:53:06 PM »
make sure its a fuel if buying milwaukee. Great tool. Have one in my service truck, have one in my shop. Tempted to buy there 1/2 drive one

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk