Author Topic: Formally BoredMechanic now tacticalfun. Work adventure photos  (Read 259970 times)

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
Re: Formally BoredMechanic now tacticalfun. Work adventure photos
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2019, 12:13:31 PM »

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
these 2 are worth repeating.  ;D
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2019, 12:35:37 PM »
Didn't know UB had a side gig -- LOL

Offline walrus

« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2019, 12:57:44 PM »

I am not a gun guy, not anti gun either.  Own a few, couldn't tell you the last time I shot one.   The question always pops into my mind when I see your collections,,,,,,,,,,,,,how many are enough?  I know, stupid question, but I always think it.   :(
I agree Fats, I chuckle when I see all the guns, especially what looks to be new guns. Pretty expensive collection. I'm in Maine, used to be more guns per capita than any other state except North Dakota. I know guys with hundreds of guns, they are always buying selling trading guns. They know what they have and what they are worth. Had a good friend who liked antique rifles, I think he knew everyone in the country who also had that  addiction. He went to gun shows every weekend he could get to one. He had some really cool stuff. He was always dealing  with  gun dealers in Texas, they traded shit back and forth weekly. I think anyone can trade and ship guns if they are pre 1890s, otherwise you start running into gray areas and you need a license
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 01:00:35 PM by walrus »

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2019, 09:42:32 AM »
Changing seals on a 5000 ton hydroform. And lobstah

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2019, 03:21:05 PM »
Go me on the lobstah for a second :))  You in New England?

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2019, 05:27:17 PM »
Go me on the lobstah for a second :))  You in New England?
I was. Now im in ohio

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2019, 06:58:53 PM »

Offline Conductor562

« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2019, 01:20:19 AM »

I am not a gun guy, not anti gun either.  Own a few, couldn't tell you the last time I shot one.   The question always pops into my mind when I see your collections,,,,,,,,,,,,,how many are enough?  I know, stupid question, but I always think it.   :(
I agree Fats, I chuckle when I see all the guns, especially what looks to be new guns. Pretty expensive collection. I'm in Maine, used to be more guns per capita than any other state except North Dakota. I know guys with hundreds of guns, they are always buying selling trading guns. They know what they have and what they are worth. Had a good friend who liked antique rifles, I think he knew everyone in the country who also had that  addiction. He went to gun shows every weekend he could get to one. He had some really cool stuff. He was always dealing  with  gun dealers in Texas, they traded shit back and forth weekly. I think anyone can trade and ship guns if they are pre 1890s, otherwise you start running into gray areas and you need a license

How many ratchets are enough? I suspect GNAP may have a different answer than I do. It’s a relative question.

Guns are like everything else. They mean different things for different people. I bet there’s guys on the gun forums that talk about us bumbasses with 50 sets of wrenches or 100 ratchets. Baseball cards, model trains, Longenberger Baskets (I know a lady who got so into baskets she ended up losing her house), toys, comic books, you name it. People collect guns for the same reasons they collect anything else, it makes them happy. 

I know guys who have whole rooms full of guns. It’s a hobby. Something they enjoy to dabble in. Unlike some hobbies, guns will always have value. Some guns appreciate, some depreciate, but most seasoned guys can spot what will go up and what will go down.

Some people who like to hunt multiple types of game and want a proper setup for each will need 6 or 7 guns to cover they’re bases. Around here we have Deer, Squirrel, Bear, Coyote, Coon, Turkey, Water Fowl, and even Elk and Boar within reasonable driving distance. Add a sidearm, a home defense gun, and a concealed carry gun, and a .22 rifle (because everyone should have a .22 rifle) and a fella like easily has a dozen just covering his bases. I know people that will hunt anything the state will give them a tag for and some shit they won’t. Most will replace some of those rifles from time to time and retain the obsoletes. A lot of the Coyote hunters I know have took a liking to the 6.5 Creedmoor, so the 22-250’s now sit. Add in those guns passed down from relatives (hunting is a very generational activity), and a couple of “fun guns” and you’re pushing 20. Wanna shoot skeet or maybe competition? Open up your wallet and have at it.

Some people view guns as nothing more than a tool and have varying levels of commitment to having the right tool for every job. Having a gun for every purpose is no different fundamentally than having a wrench for every size bolt. Why would a fella need a 15 piece combo wrench set when he could cover most of those sizes with a single adjustable wrench? Like everything else, there are guys who take the minimalist approach, guys who take the extreme approach, and everything in between. I don’t make a living with my tools or my guns, but I sure as hell enjoy both of them.

Do I “need” AR’s and AK’s? I suppose not, but I can tell you one thing. With all the problems we’ve had around here with the dopeheads breaking in houses, I can leave my garage doors open every night without fear. Something about breaking in the house of the guy who’s always out in the field with his kids or his buddies putting enough rounds down range to rehash the battle of Gettysburg deters shit like that 🤷‍♂️

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2019, 02:36:25 PM »
Well stated conductor.  And I know all that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just not in that much detail nor depth. 

You make a strong case for owning 20 guns minimum.  Guess I'll be on the hunt ;D

Offline john k

« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2019, 03:11:09 PM »
Very good, conductor.   Looks like i have my bases loaded.  Friend stopped once ,  saw acouple of mine are kept loaded.  Told him if someone is messing around out here at 2 am or any time don`t want to be digging for ammo first.  Am way in the country. Last time had to call the sheriff, he showed up 25 min. later.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2019, 04:22:30 PM »
Guns; like sockets, wrenches, and peanuts -- you can never have enough of them. Heck, I have two 22LR rifles sitting in plain sight as I'm typing this. The 22LR rifle is the Swiss Army knife of the firearms world. Everyone should have at least one good 22LR rifle.

Offline TacticalFun

« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2019, 07:53:05 PM »

Offline highland512

« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2019, 07:53:50 AM »
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM........ Breakfast Taco's......................

Offline slip knot

« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2019, 05:06:45 PM »
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM........ Breakfast Taco's......................

Chorizo will keep you regular. ;D

Offline highland512

« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2019, 07:17:58 AM »

Chorizo will keep you regular. ;D

I love Whataburger but their Chorizo breakfast taco is a no go for me, dont ask how I found this out  :-\ ..............................Damn now I'm craving Whataburger. Nearest one to me is 7 hours and 13 minuets away, I could make it there and back in time for bed.