Author Topic: NY AG files lawsuit against NRA  (Read 3214 times)

Offline DeadNutz

NY AG files lawsuit against NRA
« on: August 06, 2020, 02:39:12 PM »
The New York Attorney General has filed a lawsuit against the NRA for corruption and such with an ultimate goal of dissolving the NRA. She ran her election campaign on the promise of doing that. The NRA is fighting back.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nra-lawsuit-ny-attorney-general-lawsuit

Here is the ABC/Disney spin on it.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ny-attorney-general-lawsuit-seeks-dissolve-national-rifle/story?id=72202933&cid=clicksource_4380645_2_heads_hero_live_twopack_hed

Offline ken w.

Re: NY AG files lawsuit against NRA
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 09:03:05 PM »
This woman is a piece of crap appointed by the governor .

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 09:45:06 PM »
I think its time for the NRA to rethink their mission. LaPierre needs to go. A lot of the allegations shes making have some merit. I dont think it will get the NRA disbanded but there are some pretty shady things going on in Virginia. I would not be surprised to see some charges filed against some of the executive committee.

I've been a life member since Clinton and a Benefactor member since Obama but the NRA has really lost touch with the public. The bumpstock ban and red flag laws are just some of the jewels that the NRA has backed lately. But where were they during the Virginia gun ban fiasco? They didn't make a showing until the last minute. The GOA did most of the heavy lifting on that one and NRA just skated in last minute.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 10:04:18 PM »
When the good old boys have the reins for too long shady things do happen. I have not been a member for about 10 years from when they really pissed me off. When Harry Reid was running for election for his last term in the senate I got a call from the NRA asking for money. I asked them if they were supporting Reid for the senate and the guy wavered and finally said they had not decided yet and this was only a couple of months before the election. It seems the big fancy high dollar gun range Reid had gotten built in Vegas was supposed to buy their support. I also asked the guy where my Gadsen Flag was that I should have received a few months earlier for the donation I had made. He said he would look into it and I told him to tell the NRA to shove my renewal up their ass instead of mailing it.

A couple of weeks later I did get a very small NRA knife in the mail. :021:

Offline daves_not_here

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 10:08:27 PM »
The last 2 times they've called trying to get me to rejoin, I have told them that as long as lapierre is the head dick, they won't get another cent from me.

He and the rest of his corrupt cronies need to GO. From what I have heard from reliable sources, this bunch have become like the goobermint.

It's unfortunate how power and money corrupt people.

:38:
David

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 11:07:08 PM »
It's a shame what was once an organization working for great things has crumbled from the inside out. Hopefully shooting competition sanctioning is unaffected by any shake up.

I suggest you look to donate to organizations fighting without willingness to compromise. Both are always fighting in court for our Rights and do not chronically beg for money or politically pander. There are many other organizations besides these.

Gun Owners of America https://gunowners.org/

The Second Amendment Foundation https://www.saf.org/

Offline muddy

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 09:54:13 PM »
It's a shame what was once an organization working for great things has crumbled from the inside out. Hopefully shooting competition sanctioning is unaffected by any shake up.

I suggest you look to donate to organizations fighting without willingness to compromise. Both are always fighting in court for our Rights and do not chronically beg for money or politically pander. There are many other organizations besides these.

Gun Owners of America https://gunowners.org/

The Second Amendment Foundation https://www.saf.org/
I renewed a year or so ago they had a deal on 2 yr renewal. I do like the history articles in the American Rifle Magazine.

But if I already signed a 2 yr "contract" with you you don't have to keep asking me to renew every freaking month.

I think I'll be looking into these other groups when my membership is up for renewal.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline slip knot

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2020, 12:55:25 PM »
Muddy, I have been impressed with the Gun Owners of America (GOA) they're not as polished as the NRA but they seem to be actually fighting the battle for gun owners. Just today I got an email from them (GOA) advising me that Texas is using some "mass violence" studies to facilitate red flag laws. they not only told me about it but suggested ways to fight this thru our legislative reps. Crickets from NRA.,

The NRA has become a money machine. I've been a patron member since Obama and still get a "renew at this low rate " crap weekly. At one time I made a sizable annual contribution to the NRA but that stopped when they supported the red flag laws.

The latest Rifleman mag had a cover of LaPierre on it with the caption "Its time to stand and fight" My thought was yeah now that your shits on the line you wanna fight. I hope he has to pay the NRA back for the money hes taken. I really hope the NRA gets back on track but they got a lot of housekeeping to do before I'll support them again.

Check out the GOA.

Offline muddy

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2020, 09:35:10 PM »
Muddy, I have been impressed with the Gun Owners of America (GOA) they're not as polished as the NRA but they seem to be actually fighting the battle for gun owners. Just today I got an email from them (GOA) advising me that Texas is using some "mass violence" studies to facilitate red flag laws. they not only told me about it but suggested ways to fight this thru our legislative reps. Crickets from NRA.,

The NRA has become a money machine. I've been a patron member since Obama and still get a "renew at this low rate " crap weekly. At one time I made a sizable annual contribution to the NRA but that stopped when they supported the red flag laws.

The latest Rifleman mag had a cover of LaPierre on it with the caption "Its time to stand and fight" My thought was yeah now that your shits on the line you wanna fight. I hope he has to pay the NRA back for the money hes taken. I really hope the NRA gets back on track but they got a lot of housekeeping to do before I'll support them again.

Check out the GOA.
Thanks for the tip! Definitely gonna check them out.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline highland512

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2020, 07:49:13 AM »
Every time I drove past the NRA headquarters in Fairfax, Va I was reminded why I dont give them shit.

I want my dollars to go to fighting the government, not a fancy building in Fairfax.