Author Topic: What are you glad you blew some money on  (Read 602 times)

Offline john k

What are you glad you blew some money on
« on: November 20, 2023, 11:34:32 AM »
Stole this idea from another site.  What have you got in recent memory that at the time you felt it was just money blown?  Then find it was real handy,  why didn't I have one before.  For myself it was getting a DeWalt 20volt 1/2 in. Impact, and the hand held  tire inflator, by the same company.  The impact has proven itself many times removing bolts, lugnuts and such a  big 4-way would not budge.  The inflator has been so handy, keeps from lugging the steel air bubble around.  Plus this one has built in pressure gauges, auto stop when set pressure is reached, and can be used to blow dirt off.  Nice thing is they use the same 20volt batteries my other dewalt tools use that I bought back in 2012.  So what did you guys splurge on?

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: What are you glad you blew some money on
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2023, 03:03:54 PM »
Well the only things I can think of that I expecting not to use much would be the Ryobi shop blower ( mini cordless leaf blower) and the hybrid power fan.

I payed for the fan, and chose the blower as my Ryobi days free tool choice.
I don't know how I lived without that fan, and the blower is one of my most used power tools.
I actually regretted choosing the little blower expecting it to be kind of useless,  but boy was I wrong and it's been great the past couple of years.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2023, 03:10:48 PM »
Milwaukee. Cordless grease gun thought it was gimmiky but i cant keep cartridges in it it pumps grease so well

Offline muddy

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2023, 07:35:26 PM »
I'm pretty stingy so I actually have more that I'm still upset I blew money on haha

One thing I was thinking was worth it's weight in gold is my Snap-on indexing pry bar. I had to go without when the warranty was on backorder. I honestly don't know how I did work without it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2023, 10:29:01 PM »
It was the milwaukee M12 line for me. I held out because I didn't want another battery platform but finally caved for the right angle die grinder. Once I had it, I grabbed the hex impact and loved the power vs small size. The 3/8 impact is awesome as well and does most everything up to 3/4 ton lugnuts.

Offline Der Bugmeister

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2023, 12:33:59 AM »
Every Milwaukee cordless tool purchase is a splurge I'm blowing money on.  I've either got a perfectly serviceable corded or air version of most of what I buy, or could have got a Ryobi at a fraction of the price.

But.  You get what you pay for.  So I don't have any Ryobi.  Just a crapload of Milwaukee and an empty mad money jar :-D

Offline slip knot

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2023, 06:36:15 PM »
Not tool related but spending money on a good attorney and accountant have been some of the best investments I've ever made.