General Category > PHOTOS OF GENERAL INTEREST (NOT TOOLS OR SHOP RELATED)

Fascination of Bird Watching

<< < (2/3) > >>

skfarmer:

--- Quote from: Lookin4_67GalaxieConv on March 29, 2024, 01:27:13 PM ---//www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184
--- End quote ---

trivia time.   one hit wonder of "the trashmen" a group that was local to my area and actually toured around here. lets just say back in the day.

bonneyman:
The Mrs. has been watching vermillion flycatchers for awhile. One shows up at her work occasionally, and lately we've seen one at the house. Males have a very bright red chest that stands out among the desert foliage. Very pretty. But too skittish for me to get a picture.

oldcarguy:

--- Quote from: bonneyman on April 07, 2024, 09:12:53 AM ---The Mrs. has been watching vermillion flycatchers for awhile. One shows up at her work occasionally, and lately we've seen one at the house. Males have a very bright red chest that stands out among the desert foliage. Very pretty. But too skittish for me to get a picture.

--- End quote ---

What a beautiful bird! I have never seen one in my area.

oldcarguy:

This past week one or more Pileated Woodpeckers have been dinning at the feeder. What a wonderful lovely bird..

stokester:
Thanks for sharing the pictures.

I don't often see any of the Pileated around my house but do hear their distinctive "thunk" as they peck on the dead trees in the neighborhood.  The Red Bellied, Downy, Hairy and Yellow-Bellied Sapsuckers keep me entertained.

Now I'm watching the Bluebirds raise their three little ones in the house by the garden. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version