Author Topic: Its becoming a problem  (Read 14769 times)

Offline ken w.

Re: Its becoming a problem
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2019, 07:46:04 AM »
I have one of those Craftsman tool boxes I got from my father. It's mint and I actually cleaned it out of all the useless stuff from 30 years ago. 

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2019, 06:55:25 PM »
Warning, I  had the same box and they make a terrible wheel chock :))

Yeah i backed into it. Bent it pretty good but straightened enough to sell it for $10 :))

Offline Jamesyarbrough

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2019, 02:29:06 PM »
So i needed somewhere to put more tools. Tye answer was car tool kits.
I made a pretty extensive one for my pick up. This is some of it.

Offline Jamesyarbrough

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2019, 02:34:21 PM »

Offline Jamesyarbrough

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2019, 02:39:39 PM »

So most of this stuff is vintage usa. I had a set of vintage usa metric werenches but all of the wrenches just sitting in the bottom of the tool box made things hard to find. I was looking for tool rolls for them and came across the crescent brand. It was like ten bucks more and came witb a set of wrenches. So i got it and put my usa metrics in my roll around. Never hurts to have an extra set.

Theres alot more to this kit but im out of time for today. Maybe this weekend ill open up another tool box and show the contents. Spoiler lots of klein and channellock

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2019, 02:51:47 PM »
Good looking emergency kit. A great idea to put overflow tools to good use. I have similar (but smaller) kits on all my cars, but carry a fairly complete toolset in a box in my Caddy DTS. It takes up some room, but the trunk is so huge, it never becomes a problem.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2019, 03:21:02 PM »
The farm truck has a pretty extensive tool selection. the others just get a HF breaker bar and socket to fit the lugnuts. anything other than that gets a wrecker call.

I've had several friends get their tools stolen from the truck box so I don't keep "good" tools in the farm truck just usable mixed bags of tools.