Author Topic: Ductless HVAC Systems  (Read 17513 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Ductless HVAC Systems
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2019, 03:00:12 PM »
It's a wonderful system. I must confess that this is THE way to go for ultimate convenience. Good job Nick!

Last week was very humid and hot, and I only have a window unit in my garage that I punched through the wall, and mounted very high. While doing oil changes on the family fleet I was able to maintain about 80-85F. My garage door isn't insulated and the driveway blacktop just radiates heat through those closed doors like an oven, but i was fairly impressed with what that little 8500 BTU unit could do given the circumstances.

Offline stokester

• Air-cooled!
Re: Ductless HVAC Systems
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2019, 03:21:10 PM »
It's a wonderful system. I must confess that this is THE way to go for ultimate convenience. Good job Nick!

Last week was very humid and hot, and I only have a window unit in my garage that I punched through the wall, and mounted very high. While doing oil changes on the family fleet I was able to maintain about 80-85F. My garage door isn't insulated and the driveway blacktop just radiates heat through those closed doors like an oven, but i was fairly impressed with what that little 8500 BTU unit could do given the circumstances.

At first glance I thought you were outside my garage  ^-^

I still use the upstairs window unit to keep the radio shop comfortable when needed.  It still remains to be seen when heat is required.
Nick
Yorktown, VA