Author Topic: Its becoming a problem  (Read 14720 times)

Offline Jamesyarbrough

Its becoming a problem
« on: August 20, 2019, 06:07:28 PM »
I cant stop buying tools. All the time, buying tools. New tools, vintage tools, work tools home tools, mechanic tools, hvac tools, plumbing tools, tools, tools! And the bad part is i have 4 or 5 of all the stuff im buying. Pawn shops, estate sales, random people on craigslist.

My mechanics roll around box is full. I put together a couple carry around boxes for my truck. Put together a small mechanics set for the wifes car. Had to buy another box just to put stuff in in my tool shed. Im up to about 17 pair of channellocks in various sizes and i always seem to want another set when i see em......same goes for adjustable wrenches. Just got another amp clamp at a supply house yesterday. The amprobe 310 to go with my flukes and fieldpiece meters in the van. And last week i got another tool bag for work and filled it up with new stuff that i already had so it could be my plumbing bag.

As i type i realize i could use another meter for my personal truck tool kit and possibly one for the wifes car.

I also have another sk 3/8 ratchet coming in the mail that i scored for $15 free shipping, ya know to go with the other 20 ratchets. And wrenches! Cant stop buying vintage wrenches! I have like 7 sets of sae. Both my cars are metric so i ordered a metric set to go with my other 4.

Im gonna need a bigger shed
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 06:09:54 PM by Jamesyarbrough »

Offline DeadNutz

Re: Its becoming a problem
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 06:21:54 PM »
Doesn't sound like a problem to me. The wife wonders why I need six roller boxes but she really knows. You aren't even close in acquisitions to some of the guys and a lady on here. We have what we call ratchet whores on here and that is not meant in a bad way. When you buy roller stacks just to hold your ratchets you will earn that title.
If you know how to post pictures on here feel free to share as we love pics here.

I think you fit right in with us.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 06:50:03 PM »
I cant stop buying tools............

LOL -- So what's the problem? We've all been there at one point or another. There's always that ONE more tool that you need to add to the collection.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 07:00:06 PM »
Problem?  what problem? Maybe you just need more tool boxes? See...no problem ^-^
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline ken w.

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 07:49:13 PM »
I have a 5 gallon bucket of USA made Vise Grips over flowing. If you ask to borrow them I'll give you a Chinese pair to use.   :))

Offline Jamesyarbrough

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 08:10:36 PM »
Well i reckon im in the right place

Offline Jamesyarbrough

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2019, 08:39:06 PM »
Cant post pics. Something about file too large or taking too long. Probably my network.

Offline daves_not_here

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2019, 09:50:32 PM »
It's a mental illness. Welcome to the club.

:))

You probably need to resize your photos. They won't post if they're bigger than a certain size.

Restrictions: 4 per post, maximum total size 2992000KB, maximum individual size 99128000KB

I think someone needs to fix those size numbers. ;-)
David

Offline ken w.

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2019, 10:23:34 PM »
I use postimage.org to resize. It's so easy a monkey could do it.

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2019, 07:49:13 AM »
Too many tools---NEVER---just build a larger shop!!!!!!!!!!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2019, 03:58:18 AM »
This ain't no 12 step program, we are enablers through and through >:D

If you run out of reasons to buy tools, that we can help with :))

Offline snapmom

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2019, 07:40:35 AM »
Every couple of years I go through what I call the purge.  I refocus,  say to myself "what do I collect".  Go thru all my tools, and pull out the tools that do not fit that description.  I sell most of them,  some I give away.  If I don't go this I will at some point run out of room, and or tool money.  I still end up with more tools,  but will more tools that fit what I collect.

Offline walrus

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2019, 05:52:14 PM »
I have a 5 gallon bucket of USA made Vise Grips over flowing. If you ask to borrow them I'll give you a Chinese pair to use.   :))
Thats some funny shit right there.

I'm slacking , I did buy some tools from HJE a while back but the order was mostly consumables

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2019, 06:13:43 PM »
Just received some tools in today and have more on the way.
I've mostly been restricting myself to stuff I know I can use to some degree, but I cant possibly use all 7 1/4" ratchets and I know there will be others to come.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2019, 11:18:12 PM »
This ain't no 12 step program, we are enablers through and through >:D

If you run out of reasons to buy tools, that we can help with :))

If you ever have the chance of visiting Phils shop you'll see he's found lots of reasons over the years! :D