Author Topic: Making my own version of the Blackhawk nuggies set.  (Read 2202 times)

Offline nelstomlinson

Re: Making my own version of the Blackhawk nuggies set.
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2024, 09:05:19 PM »
You will definitely have something mighty nice when you're done assembling it all.

I might just dig up a plastic case and stuff these in it.It might be handy for small stuff.

Offline nelstomlinson

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2024, 10:31:42 AM »
Those Kobalt tools got here. The ignition wrenches are definitely stamped. They're nice stampings, but they're not nice as the forged wrenches would be. I can definitely see why you're being picky about putting yours together.

The sockets and ignition wrenches are in increments of 1/32nd, so they would probably give adequate coverage for smaller metric as well as SAE.

Adding a short extension to this group would be cheap and easy. Did Kobalt ever make a 1/4" breaker bar?

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2024, 03:29:12 PM »
Those Kobalt tools got here. The ignition wrenches are definitely stamped. They're nice stampings, but they're not nice as the forged wrenches would be. I can definitely see why you're being picky about putting yours together.

The sockets and ignition wrenches are in increments of 1/32nd, so they would probably give adequate coverage for smaller metric as well as SAE.

Adding a short extension to this group would be cheap and easy. Did Kobalt ever make a 1/4" breaker bar?
I'm guessing those are the same as the last of the USA Craftsman ignition wrenches, the DOE's they had are decent but the combos usually pretty crude in the box end even back to the Easco Days.
Always lookin' to learn