Author Topic: New project  (Read 29666 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Re: New project
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2019, 01:06:38 PM »
That guy is taking pics of your cool ride and is probably wondering what the heck it is.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2019, 07:32:27 PM »
Gang,

I've noticed many of these "micro trucks" on large school campuses.  They get used for all kinds of deliveries and hauling supplies & equipment to work sites.  That said, I've never seen one on a public road... probably for obvious reasons.

Yeah they'd get swallowed up by just about every truck on the road! Then again, you could hide in just about any truck shadow and stay out of direct sunlight!  :))

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2019, 01:03:22 PM »
My turn signals never worked when I bought it so after a couple weeks of searching with no luck I bit the bullet and and ordered a used multifunction switch from Japan. New replacement was $300 and used was still painful at $170.
I finally used a puller I have had for 10 years. Back then with coupon it was probably $8 bucks, I can’t remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2019, 01:05:51 PM »
Hardest part was getting wheel loose, I was about to give up when it popped loose.

Now I’m legal.

MAGA

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2019, 01:13:31 PM »
While I was on a roll I went to Wally World to replace the 15 year old rubber. I doubted that it would fit their lift and I was right.  So they just used a floor jack. LOL.  I maxxed out the fender clearance by stepping up to whopping 175/65r14. Those bad boys stand a proud 23 inches tall!!!

MAGA

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2019, 01:55:58 PM »
Giant tires for that thing. -- LOL - Well, now you have a "Donk" truck Bob!

Nice work on the turn signal assembly.

Offline m_fumich

« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2019, 03:34:32 PM »
Gang,

I've noticed many of these "micro trucks" on large school campuses.  They get used for all kinds of deliveries and hauling supplies & equipment to work sites.  That said, I've never seen one on a public road... probably for obvious reasons.

Yeah they'd get swallowed up by just about every truck on the road! Then again, you could hide in just about any truck shadow and stay out of direct sunlight!  :))

Does it even have an airbag in the steering wheel? I thought all street legal vehicles had to meet the DOT safety requirements for the year they were built unless it’s over 25 years old. I could be wrong about that. I couldn’t even get that out of my driveway. Even the speed limit on my road is 45 mph and the speeds get higher as my road connects to other roads. The nearest road with a speed limit of 40 or under is about 10 minutes away. You have to just about get to the town square before the speed limit drops that low. No houses way out here so you get to drive faster but you’re at greater risk of rear ending a combine.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2019, 05:58:03 PM »
No airbag, just a piece of glass to save you.  :))

And Yes Ray I thought the same thing.  :))
MAGA

Offline hofferwood

• It's all good
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2019, 06:02:13 PM »

I finally used a puller I have had for 10 years. Back then with coupon it was probably $8 bucks, I can’t remember.

I bought that same puller Bob. I got it for the assortment of bolts-----that ya can't buy for 9 bucks.  ;)
If it aint broke----fix it till it is-----there's nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2019, 08:56:00 AM »
I finally got around to addressing the horrible suspension on this thing. The front coils are inadequate at best when new. I found a guy online who has sourced some variable rate coils and has modified some Monroe air shocks for the rear. I gave them a shot for $325 shipped. Fronts first. The trick of changing these without the special spring compressor is to remove the top stud nut and lower the strut with a jack.

MAGA

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2019, 08:58:33 AM »
Next drop down strut and remove spring.

MAGA

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2019, 09:08:09 AM »
The new springs are ground flat so they don’t seat like the original did but it doesn’t seem to matter.

Now the hard part is getting the threaded strut rod back up in the hole by raising it with the floor jack while guiding with the other hand. this is when you need three hands. After several try’s I had success. And then tightened them down with my new Horrible Fright battery ratchet. As you can probably not see, the springs lifted the front an inch and an 1/8.

It doesn’t dip and roll like did before. No more white knuckle at 50.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 09:12:50 AM by Heiny57 »
MAGA

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2019, 10:37:46 AM »
Next will be these.

MAGA

Offline muddy

« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2019, 08:08:22 PM »
Onboard air compressor as well?

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2019, 11:15:50 AM »
Not sure about that,  it it would be neat.a
MAGA