Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 682693 times)

Offline muddy

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #2925 on: January 20, 2024, 09:10:13 PM »
Had to replace the well pump in the house today. Probably should have just replaced it when I rewired it a few months ago. Oh well hindsight is always 20/20

The pump had a date code of 1985 so I guess almost 40 years service isn't bad

Bought one at Lowe's, doubt it'll make 40 years but hopefully it'll last awhile.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2926 on: February 01, 2024, 09:09:38 PM »
Last Friday, End of Month drinks and BBQ on the deck at work before a long weekend. Monday was the provincial anniversary holiday. This weekend is a long weekend as well, with our equivalent of 4th July on Tuesday, a lot of people, me included, are taking Monday off to make a long weekend.

This morning I picked up my new work car. Old one on the right 2014 Mitsubishi ASX 2.3D/4WD/6AT, 180k km (112k mi). New one on the left 2017 Mitsubishi ASX 2.3D/4WD/6AT, 140k km (87k mi).

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #2927 on: February 01, 2024, 10:47:09 PM »
New kitchen faucet got installed. Not hard, just awkward. No leaks. Back to other projects.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2928 on: February 08, 2024, 01:22:56 AM »
Roped into taking some photos for a professional services/design bid. Last night took some photos of Fisherman's Wharf. Unfortunately there is work going on near it and couldn't get access to where I wanted. Luckily the Iceman turned up at just the right time and he allowed me through the gate onto Railway Wharf to get some good photos. This morning I took some further along the waterfront where there is going to be a new wharf build.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2929 on: February 08, 2024, 07:31:08 AM »
The water main to the house broke 2 weeks ago. Took a week to get a plumber to find the leak, then another week to run a new line. Guess I can't complain - the house is 53 years old.
Nice to have the water back on, though. We can drink and brush teeth with bottled water but had to use water from 5 gallon buckets to flush the toilets. That was getting old. At least I had half a dozen plastic buckets as part of my preps.

Bad news seems to happen in 3's. Hope this three series is over!  :banghead:

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2930 on: February 08, 2024, 08:49:33 AM »
Decided to do fleet maintenance today and over the rest of the weekend. Change oil, flush brakes, flush coolant, change filters, and replace brake pads where needed.

Since retirement, we don't put a lot of miles on the cars anymore, but I still change the oil every six months. I really don't know if using full synthetic oil you can potentially change the oil only once a year if you don't put a lot of miles on the car in that time period? .... but old habits are hard to break.

Offline john k

« Reply #2931 on: February 08, 2024, 04:12:40 PM »
We drove into town this morning to retrieve the winnings of last nights auction.  Mostly tools am afraid.  Bottle jack verticle press,  12V winch for the car trailer.  Extra Acetylene bottle for the torch.  8 beer flats of wrenches, every brand known to me.  3 boxes of sockets.  Had to buy one flat just for the S-K ratchet hidden among the rust.  Another for the Snap-On 3/4 breaker over bar.  Missed out on some stuff as the on-line auctions count down fast when one is watching 2-3 things close together.  Tap&die set in fitted wooden case marked Craftsman.  One prize, bucket list thing was a Diamond 18 inch adjustable wrench with jaws3/4 inch thick.  I only took home 1/4 of the tools, some flats only went for $3.   Got to stay home now.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2932 on: March 01, 2024, 03:42:35 AM »
Well I never want to do that again. Today I went to the funeral of the fifteen year old son of a friend of mine. Brooklyn and his co-driver were killed in a rally car crash on Sunday. I've known Brooklyn since he was only a bump. He was born into a racing family, I know his father from the original winch challenge in NZ in the  early 2000s. He has grown up in off-road racing , racing Kiwitrucks, Class 7 and more lately UTVs. In the kast couple of years he has been racing in the Toyota 86 Series and in the National Rally series.

Sent from my SM-T505 using Tapatalk

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2933 on: March 01, 2024, 06:25:26 AM »
Well I never want to do that again. Today I went to the funeral of the fifteen year old son of a friend of mine. Brooklyn and his co-driver were killed in a rally car crash on Sunday. I've known Brooklyn since he was only a bump. He was born into a racing family, I know his father from the original winch challenge in NZ in the  early 2000s. He has grown up in off-road racing , racing Kiwitrucks, Class 7 and more lately UTVs. In the kast couple of years he has been racing in the Toyota 86 Series and in the National Rally series.

God bless them both, and can only imagine the insurmountable loss that both families are coping with at this time.

Offline muddy

« Reply #2934 on: March 01, 2024, 07:46:57 PM »

God bless them both, and can only imagine the insurmountable loss that both families are coping with at this time.
+1

since I'm horrible with condolences

Sent from my twisted mind of the mudman

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2935 on: March 02, 2024, 04:22:36 PM »
Roped into taking some photos for a professional services/design bid. Last night took some photos of Fisherman's Wharf. Unfortunately there is work going on near it and couldn't get access to where I wanted. Luckily the Iceman turned up at just the right time and he allowed me through the gate onto Railway Wharf to get some good photos. This morning I took some further along the waterfront where there is going to be a new wharf build.

Nice shots hang on the wall kind. :coffee2:
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2936 on: March 02, 2024, 04:58:00 PM »
Worked my cows today. Spring is here in South Texas and its time to get the cows back in shape for next calving. The local cattle auctions are bringing crazy money. Light weight 400lb calves are bringing $3 a lb so its time to sell a few.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #2937 on: April 06, 2024, 06:33:43 PM »
Yesterday afternoon we ran a Ladies Day at our track. We had five UTVs, one of which was a regular drive the rest driving their partner's, or in one case daughter's, vehicles and four buggies, with two and a half regular drivers. I:m counting one as a half because she was driving her father's buggy for the first time. Another 'regulsr' driver was driving her buggy for the first time in 27 years. As always, we support the kids class and let them run so we had a couple of Kiwitrucks as well.