Author Topic: A guy takes a little time off and everything went to hell while I was gone....  (Read 7975 times)

Offline Penncraft

Looks like we had a re-launch around here.

I've been having a hard time keeping up with you guys as I am not sure that I should share my daily work anymore. I haven't signed any secrets act or anything like that but I am not sure my boss wants all sorts or airport systems up on the internet.

I survived the Alaska Earthquake. Lost a toilet, the chimney, my retaining wall and my hot water heater stopped working a couple of days after. Changed the toilet and hot water heater out and hauled a truck load of broken glass and stuff to the dump.

Got to get back on track soon.

Take care everyone.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 04:02:07 AM by Penncraft »

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
Glad you found the new place and even happier you got through that ordeal. Sounds like you got through reasonably intact.

Hope all is well.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline Penncraft

Thanks JAFE!

The Camaro took a pounding but Hagerty is on that. Worst Earthquake of my lifetime.

Not sure what got this place :(

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
Something like that sure does underline how quickly things can change, and not a chance is hell of stopping it.

Leaves one to ride it out and pick up the pieces, got hit by a tornado a few years, back... Hope I never see one of those again. The hood looked like a war zone, and I know what that looks like. Somehow seemed much worse driving out of the hood than it did overseas. Only thing missing, the dead in the streets.

Glad you and the family came out unscathed.....lost the toilet   :-\  :-) having some fun with that..

Cheers,

Pep
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline Penncraft

Never lived near a tornado zone, not sure that I could. I am used to earthquakes but not tornados. The devil you know and all that. Never been in a war zone either and I don't want to.

The family came through fine. My daughter was at school and the ceiling collapsed but the kids have been drilled since kindergarten to dive under the desks in an earthquake and when it fell they were all under cover. No fatalities in the whole earthquake, which makes the property damage seem unimportant. No one dies and only minor injuries statewide. We can all live with that.

Also we have two toilets, the downstairs toilet was unscathed.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Glad everything worked out OK, and that you and your family are safe.

Welcome back!

Offline Penncraft

Glad everything worked out OK, and that you and your family are safe.

Welcome back!

Always good to be here.

Offline Heiny57

Glad you are ok and good to see found the new place.
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline slip knot

Welcome back. I saw some news coverage of the damage. Those earthquakes really jack things up. :-\

Offline DeadNutz

Great to hear from the great white north. Been wondering about you and glad you and family are ok after the shaker. As far as posting pics about your work, don't worry about posting any pics as we don't need those and you certainly wouldn't want to catch any grief over that.

Offline jabberwoki

Yeah welcome back mate, its good to see you here again.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline hickory n Steel

Welcome back, and glad you made it through the quake.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
wow, sucks that you had to go through all that  but good to hear that things are getting back to normal.

welcome back!
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline john k

Good to hear of a survivor,  whew.    Was told once that in an earthquake that one mans toilet had an eruption of water out of the stool as the underground soil pipe was crushed, wondered if it were true?

Offline Crispycritter

Good to hear of a survivor,  whew.    Was told once that in an earthquake that one mans toilet had an eruption of water out of the stool as the underground soil pipe was crushed, wondered if it were true?
be one hell of a enema if someone was on the toiletwhen it happened....

Offline Penncraft

Thanks guys! I'm always happy when I drop in here!