Author Topic: Post all of your latest tool buys here  (Read 183929 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: Post all of your latest tool buys here
« Reply #1215 on: January 08, 2024, 02:27:07 PM »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline muddy

« Reply #1216 on: February 08, 2024, 08:58:04 PM »
Hammer time!

Got the drilling hammer for Christmas just finally took it to work. Loving it so far. Very well balanceed.

My orange 16oz keeps losing pieces off the hamdle. So I grabbed this 24 oz to replace it.

Also had a snap on 1/4 ratchet on order. Been waiting for it to come in. So I bought a Matco one the day before. That way I knew it would finally come in lol.

Also got a set of slipper foot prybars.

Sent from my twisted mind of the mudman

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #1217 on: February 08, 2024, 09:08:23 PM »
Snagged another Makita 9.6 v drill with battery. Tested it when I got home - ran fine. battery looks NOS and took a charge, so good there. Drill chuck is screwed up, and someone stripped the retaining screw inside, so we'll give cutting it off a try to remove it. If I can get the chuck off I have a spare I can pop on. So will have another working drill. If not, I've got all those spare parts. I'm invested in the 9.6v line.
Needs cleaning, too. Lots of pipe dope and paint globs on it.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #1218 on: February 08, 2024, 09:55:20 PM »
Hammer time!

Got the drilling hammer for Christmas just finally took it to work. Loving it so far. Very well balanceed.

My orange 16oz keeps losing pieces off the hamdle. So I grabbed this 24 oz to replace it.

Also had a snap on 1/4 ratchet on order. Been waiting for it to come in. So I bought a Matco one the day before. That way I knew it would finally come in lol.

I turned two Snappy dead blows in for replacement through the years. Both had that same cross hatch design on their handles. That was a well known issue with older Snappy dead blow hammers back in the day. I got no grief when I turned mine in, just free replacement no questions asked.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline muddy

« Reply #1219 on: February 10, 2024, 08:46:59 PM »
Hammer time!

I turned two Snappy dead blows in for replacement through the years. Both had that same cross hatch design on their handles. That was a well known issue with older Snappy dead blow hammers back in the day. I got no grief when I turned mine in, just free replacement no questions asked.
This was a Compo-Cast. Same as the old Stanley or Matcos. Didn't really have any where to go for warranty.

Offline Midnitemack

« Reply #1220 on: February 10, 2024, 09:25:06 PM »
Hammer time!

Not sure if this link will work……

YIYITOOLS 24 oz Dead Blow Hammer Dual Head Ball Peen Blow Striking Flat Pein Non-Slip Handle,1.5 LB Orange (YY-7-001)
https://a.co/d/dmTHuZg

I ordered one of these off Amazon , seems like a lot of hammer for the $ .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #1221 on: February 10, 2024, 09:56:33 PM »
Hammer time!

Not sure if this link will work……

YIYITOOLS 24 oz Dead Blow Hammer Dual Head Ball Peen Blow Striking Flat Pein Non-Slip Handle,1.5 LB Orange (YY-7-001)
https://a.co/d/dmTHuZg

I ordered one of these off Amazon , seems like a lot of hammer for the $ .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree!

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #1222 on: February 10, 2024, 10:23:41 PM »
I had to go find the brand of dead blow hammers someone here brought up years that really impressed me. Prices were good then, and still appear so. I don't think I will ever need to buy another dead blow hammer, but if I did, I think I would spend a bit extra and buy a Trusty Cook.

Offline zeke

« Reply #1223 on: February 11, 2024, 05:25:28 PM »
Snagged another Makita 9.6 v drill with battery. Tested it when I got home - ran fine. battery looks NOS and took a charge, so good there. Drill chuck is screwed up, and someone stripped the retaining screw inside, so we'll give cutting it off a try to remove it. If I can get the chuck off I have a spare I can pop on. So will have another working drill. If not, I've got all those spare parts. I'm invested in the 9.6v line.
Needs cleaning, too. Lots of pipe dope and paint globs on it.
I still use my 9.6v tools, but I finally seemed to get rid of the 7.2v except the little angle grinder. I slip a 9,6 v battery in it sticking out past the closer and the thing screams. Great for dressing up a big drill bit while in the field.

On the 9.6 side I have the recip saw and the 3 1/4" circular saw which is totally useless. I use the right angle close quarters drill every day. Robbing parts to keep them going has me down to about 3 plus a pair of chargers. Every 3 years or so I will buy another generic battery. Someday there won't be any of those left, so I keep the dead ones to rebuild when the day comes.

My take along set is 12v Milwaukee. I leave the blue/green ones at home so no one will make fun of me.  ::)

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #1224 on: February 13, 2024, 03:41:33 PM »
Here she is all spiffed and with new keyless chuck. Ready for the runway!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 03:49:19 PM by bonneyman »

Offline slip knot

« Reply #1225 on: February 13, 2024, 06:44:56 PM »
Looks good Bman. Nicely done. :cool2:

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #1226 on: February 13, 2024, 06:53:07 PM »
Makita 9.6 was my first cordless drill. I used it for years. It was a great drill. I jumped to Ryobi 18v next and have stayed with that. The lithium batteries made a world of difference. If lithium had not come along I probably would have dumped Ryobi. I gave my old Makita to a friend. Those were good drills for sure though! 👌

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1227 on: February 13, 2024, 07:10:56 PM »
Lookin' mighty good George!  -- Makita was ahead of the curve back then, and the longevity of their tools from that era proves the point.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #1229 on: February 14, 2024, 04:36:18 AM »
I will be interested in hearing your assessment after using it George.