Author Topic: Cleaning small parts  (Read 3066 times)

Offline m_fumich

Cleaning small parts
« on: March 09, 2019, 09:32:15 AM »
Will a Vibratory Case Tumbler adequately clean rusty small parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline coolmercury

Re: Cleaning small parts
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 03:31:56 PM »
I have been cleaning parts with this TP blast cabinet for nearly 30 years, including parts for 7 cars I restored, plus I have no idea how many tools have gone through it.  If I plan to paint it, it goes in the cabinet.  It is one of the best tools I ever bought.  Right now I'm using TP's Scat Blast in it.

Offline m_fumich

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 03:49:37 PM »
I have been cleaning parts with this TP blast cabinet for nearly 30 years, including parts for 7 cars I restored, plus I have no idea how many tools have gone through it.  If I plan to paint it, it goes in the cabinet.  It is one of the best tools I ever bought.  Right now I'm using TP's Scat Blast in it.

What is TP?

I’d use the tumbler for parts that I plan to electroplate or for small parts I just don’t have time to clean individually. I can toss them in the tumbler and work on more urgent things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 05:12:53 PM »
TP tools sells the units plus all types or equipment.

Offline geneg

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 05:58:36 AM »
I did an entire 1902  house's door & window hardware with the large H-F vibratory & the pyramids.  Put them in at night before leaving the jobsite & removed them in the morning.  Some of the floral decorated cast iron hinges & most of the flathead screws then got a night in a crock pot with some vinegar water overnight to remove remnants of rust & paint.  They were good enough to be finished with clear or black satin spray.  It took alot of time, but the results were great.  I also did it in batches there to keep everything organized.   The mortise locksets were disassembled & done 1 per batch to avoid mixing parts.  In a nutshell- worked great.